Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Speed Modeling Challenge #92 - Yabba Dabba Doo!

Speed Modeling Challenge #92 - Yabba Dabba Doo!

Speed Modeling Challenge #92 - Yabba Dabba Doo!
    Rules:

1. Every week there will be a subject for you to model along with a time limit. You should spend no longer than the allocated time, then post a render of your model. As in most challenges like this, your honesty on modeling times is essential. How you interpret the brief is up to you as long as the final model conforms to what is asked for.
    2. Post a render of your model (min 800x600 pixels) in this thread with a wireframe.
    3. LightWave should be used for modeling. 3rd party Plug ins are allowed.
    4. You can enter as many times as you like, posting each in this thread. If you run over the time, the model can still be posted but won't be subject to the judging.
    5. Time spent on texturing, setting up a scene for a render and rendering is not included in the allocated period.

This week's topic: Yabba Dabba Doo!

Everyone has favorite cartoon shows...from the classics to current shows. Model your favorite characters, side kicks, props, buildings, vehicles...whatever you can think of. Design your own characters/props/buildings/devices...etc. to fit your favorite shows. Take a device like the iPhone/iPad and recreate them in the style of you favorite cartoon....etc...etc.

Time Limit - 60 minutes.

Deadline - Wednesday 11 August 2010, 2200 GMT

ok ... the iStone and the iSlab ... I called it!
    Playing guitar is an endless process of running out of fingers.

Haha....I think I'll try Rosie the robot from the Jetsons, should be fun

Ps...I'm hoping to get some good news from Deacon/Newtek when they return. Hopefully, we might get some copies of LW10 to give away at the end of the year. Best model, best render, runner up and an encouragement award....that should cover it...I think

I have my fingers crossed

Kuzey

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzey View Post

Everyone has favorite cartoon shows...from the classics to current shows. Model your favorite characters, side kicks, props, buildings, vehicles...whatever you can think of. Design your own characters/props/buildings/devices...etc. to fit your favorite shows. Take a device like the iPhone/iPad and recreate them in the style of you favorite cartoon....etc...etc.
    The only problem with this topic is the time limit (ahem still working on the sci-fi corridor here)

Modeling my version of the saber tooth squirrel character is actually on my short list of learning and doing.

Shnoze Shmon is a WWI top ace bomber pilot and a good fighter pilot in both world wars.* (Yeah that dog doesn't have anything on the squirrel cuz the squirrel actually shot down the Red Barron.) A descendant of the famous Scrat, he is the unlucky Y chromosome in the family tree with stripes on his back looking a little like

X|O|X
    O|X|O
    O|X|O

*Red Barron 3D & IL2

Don't worry about the time limit...you can extend it for complex models, the time limit is just there to get people with little time involved. 2 hours should be fine for complex objects...I would think.

You also do it in sections, tackle the head in one 60 minute period and then the body in another 60 minute period etc.....that would work too

ps......I'm looking forward to seeing it

Kuzey

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzey View Post
    Don't worry about the time limit...you can extend it for complex models, the time limit is just there to get people with little time involved. 2 hours should be fine for complex objects...I would think.

Kuzey
    Oh sure now you tell me after all the bad practices I made to create (sorry yes it is) crap on the last challenge
    But give me 2 and I'll complain I need 4. Give me 4 and I'll only whine I want 8. Give me 8 and I yell damn wheres my giga-poly Core.
    Tim - aurora - Dunn
    WorkStation: AMD64 2x2.8 Ghz / 8gb RAM / Win7-64bit / NVidia GTX 560 Ti

Laptop: Intel i7 8x2Ghz / 16 Gb Ram / WIn7-64bit / GeForce 540M (8.17.12.6780)

I'd like to raid the ACME warehouse for this one.

We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we cannot have both.
    ─Supreme Court Justice Louis D Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by aurora View Post
    Oh sure now you tell me after all the bad practices I made to create (sorry yes it is) crap on the last challenge
    But give me 2 and I'll complain I need 4. Give me 4 and I'll only whine I want 8. Give me 8 and I yell damn wheres my giga-poly Core.
    Isn't that always the case...hehe

You can always do what I do, submit a wireframe of your model at the sixty minute stage....and then complete it for the render.

Quote Originally Posted by Nangleator View Post
    I'd like to raid the ACME warehouse for this one.
    Speaking of which, gotta love flickr for hanna-barbera based material

Kuzey

I may sit this one out. I have started redoing my UniBike from scratch and am liking it so far. Sadly I have spent more then an hour just on the wheel itself. Remember what IU said about giga-poly,
    Tim - aurora - Dunn
    WorkStation: AMD64 2x2.8 Ghz / 8gb RAM / Win7-64bit / NVidia GTX 560 Ti

Laptop: Intel i7 8x2Ghz / 16 Gb Ram / WIn7-64bit / GeForce 540M (8.17.12.6780)

heh..... could only come up with sarcasm. didn't have time to include a hint of the product in the model. So the name will have to doo.

Oh.... you said favorite cartoon! D'oh!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iBob.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	87083   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iBob_wire.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	84.2 KB 
ID:	87084  

Went over the time, I'll torture you with a render anyway

First ever try with toon shading and dynamics/cloth (and not really any time to actually make any serious attempt at figuring out all the stuff).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flintstones-car1.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	52.2 KB 
ID:	87087  

Quote Originally Posted by Myagi View Post
    (and not really any time to actually make any serious attempt at figuring out all the stuff).
    pfffft.. showoff ..
    Playing guitar is an endless process of running out of fingers.

Rigger / Animator oliversimonnet's Avatar
    nice work there fellas
    well, im going to have to think up another one because "TripD" took my idea haha
    "If its called a walkie-talkie why isn't a hoover called a pushy-sucky"
    Win7 64 bit, Core i7 930
    18GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 770
    Demo Reel 2012
    www.OliverSimonnet3D.com

@oliversimonnet I say go for it anyway. I always try to be the first, since there's no chance of being the best

Rigger / Animator oliversimonnet's Avatar
    @TripD: haha thanks, but no its ok, if we have 2 it will just make one look better than the other
    im sure ill think of something else
    "If its called a walkie-talkie why isn't a hoover called a pushy-sucky"
    Win7 64 bit, Core i7 930
    18GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 770
    Demo Reel 2012
    www.OliverSimonnet3D.com

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast