Thread: New Virtual Set - What do you think?

New Virtual Set - What do you think?

Hello everyone.
    I made this new virtual studio. You like it?

You think would be possible to insert virtual camera movement (Tilt and Pan) in addition to the zoom?

It would be nice.

I made LW3D now I just export the images for Tricaster TCXD300.
    I hope this is the first time I do.
    :-D
    Attached Files Attached Files

Interesting. How do you intend to use the sofas? Will you replace them with physical sofas on the set, or do you intend to try to key out the physical seating?

Complex camera moves would be great, but you're describing a completely different generation of LiveSet. I can't imagine we'll see that level of complexity anytime soon. Dedicated systems that do that for one or more inputs generally cost more than TCXD, and to do it properly requires expensive camera control mechanisms, as well.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

We are considering the idea of using chairs or cubes of green.

But surely we will find difficult and then we are ready to replace the seats virtual with seats reality.

It looks nice, and it will be interesting to see how the seating works out. Please post an image of the result when you can.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

LiveSet Making Machine joseburgos's Avatar
    Nice virtual studio but...
    You can do pan and zoom but no tilt in XD LiveSet.
    As for the sofa's, it does not work well at all because they are soft cushion. Hard seats can be done but not soft. Much better to just use real sofa of chairs with soft cushion.
    Also the lighting in the virtual set will be hard to match in a LiveSet if you keep the spot lights on the sofa's the same as they are right now but this is a non issue with real sofa's that they will sit on.
    Then the floor using video, is doing a virtual projector of video onto the floor. If you keep that, it will be hard to match the show actors/host/guest as the projection is virtual and not show up on them. This will show up right away when you place people in the set.
    I like the design but my advise to you is to start with a simple angle of your set and make it into a LiveSet. Then test it's production quality with anyone to key into the LiveSet. This will help you develop the set before going to far. You have to remember LiveSet is not a post production virtual set and everything has to be done in the LiveSet. That is why it is best to start off with simple sets for concept and create them into LiveSets to test what can and can't be done based on the live video production. Then continue it's development by adding more and testing as you go till you have a final product.

Good luck and feel free to ask any questions,
    Jose Burgos
    NewTek Certified Trainer
    NewTek Certified on all TriCaster's
    NewTek Training & Certification Testing
    www.burgosfx.com
    FaceBook
    Twitter @NYTriCaster