Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: XD850....When does it ship?

NewTek System Integrator PIZAZZ's Avatar
    Texas, or wherever the plane drops me off this week
    Quote Originally Posted by Wink View Post
    csandy, my comment was not directed at you, but was more a general statement toward encouraging potential NT customers to support their local dealer over the box houses. A lot of the NT resellers are small businesses competing against the giant "Walmarts" I believe that most customers go to the warehouse stores because they think they'll get a lower price and I want to publicly state my business will match any box house quote... and provide much better service.
    I agree with Wink on supporting your local vendor if you have one.

Just last Friday I had a local broadcast client that somehow screwed up their TriCaster before a live show. I had the office drop off a loaner Broadcast in less than an hour of identifying the problem. Try to get service like that from any of the box houses.
    Jef Kethley
    PIZAZZ
    www.pizazz.com

Using:
    All models of TriCasters + 3Play, IPSeries
    Panasonic UB300 4k cams
    Tactical Fiber/converters, SDI2NDI converters, NDI-Viewfinder, and NDI2HDMI

Consultant
    Quote Originally Posted by PIZAZZ View Post
    Just last Friday I had a local broadcast client that somehow screwed up their TriCaster before a live show. I had the office drop off a loaner Broadcast in less than an hour of identifying the problem. Try to get service like that from any of the box houses.
    Jef, the support you provide your customers is legendary.

This particular thread is about shipping dates, however. I'd definitely like to see a separate thread about support your local dealer and the value added services dealers like you provide.

But, if you have something to say about availability of the TCXD850 to your customers, this would be the appropriate thread to let it be known.
    Sandy Audio Visual LLC
    NewTek Certification Testing Center
    Twitter @DCTriCaster

TriCaster: All Models
    Cameras: Sony HDC-P1, X300

My opinion, uncensored. The blog at www.sandyaudiovisual.com.

NewTek System Integrator PIZAZZ's Avatar
    Texas, or wherever the plane drops me off this week
    Quote Originally Posted by csandy View Post
    Jef, the support you provide your customers is legendary.

This particular thread is about shipping dates, however. I'd definitely like to see a separate thread about support your local dealer and the value added services dealers like you provide.

But, if you have something to say about availability of the TCXD850 to your customers, this would be the appropriate thread to let it be known.
    Sorry, didn't mean to pollute the thread with my ramblings.... With so little action on the forums right now, it is nice to be back and have something, actually anything to talk about.

Back on topic.

850s are shipping and quickly shipping in larger and larger quantities. I know the ones I personally have been in contact with are clients not necessarily active on the forums. Always keep in mind that the few of us here on the forum interacting are a fraction of a fraction of a much MUCH larger user base of TriCaster users.
    Jef Kethley
    PIZAZZ
    www.pizazz.com

Using:
    All models of TriCasters + 3Play, IPSeries
    Panasonic UB300 4k cams
    Tactical Fiber/converters, SDI2NDI converters, NDI-Viewfinder, and NDI2HDMI

Consultant
    Most definitely. It's sort of like the old days (actually even when I left in 2000) of television where you would extrapolate viewer comments by a certain percentage because only the uber nerds tend to write in or join a show's discussion forum.

Soon there will be 850s on every street corner and sitting in every kitchen like a bread box hopefully.

But seriously, reports from true end users I think would be the most convincing indication of mass distribution as stated earlier in the thread.

For and interesting off topic (sort of) link, check out my Matt Sudin posting over on VTNT.
    Sandy Audio Visual LLC
    Twitter @DCTriCaster

I'm shocked Newtek has seen these forum discussions going on without any representation or consolation. Has to be the worst showing as far as business Pr they've ever displayed. 2 months late...

Quote Originally Posted by brianone20 View Post
    I'm shocked Newtek has seen these forum discussions going on without any representation or consolation. Has to be the worst showing as far as business Pr they've ever displayed. 2 months late...
    Did you not see the IBC press release ?! Not sure what I can say that it does not ...

Consultant
    Quote Originally Posted by ACross View Post
    Did you not see the IBC press release ?! Not sure what I can say that it does not ...
    I think this is the referenced press release: http://www.newtek.com/pressrelease.php?viewpr=171
    Sandy Audio Visual LLC
    Twitter @DCTriCaster

My dealer indicates he is supposedly getting some allotment this week but had not gotten his own unit yet.

But he is not sure what the allotment is, so I guess the dealers are as much in the darkness the rest of us.

While I understand delays at 60 days one begins to wonder. The press release only says demand has been high.

Newtek defnitley is not used to communicating to it's customers in this new age of transparency.

If Newtek was able to say you will be waiting 4, 10 , 12, 16 more weeks then at least I could plan. Guess I should have ordered in January. But that much cash not employed that long is awful hard ton suck up.

In general we do not talk about specifics of what units are going where and in what numbers; what I can say however that might help is that the demand for TCXD850s (and the pre-order volume) is the highest on any product we have shipped in the past 15 years at least (and maybe longer).

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by csandy View Post
    Here's a sampling what online retailers are claiming as of 9/13/2010 with regard to shipping dates of the NewTek TCXD 850 High-Definition TriCaster:

Markertek - 5 business days

Full Compass - 2 to 3 weeks

Safe Harbor - 2 business days or less

B&H Photo - Available for preorder

I bought few things from the Safe Harbor (sharbor.com) already. So I own the TC Broadcast, TCXD300, LC-11 and the TimeWarp. Currently my TCXD850 upgrade inquiry is with the Safe Harbor as well.

My salesperson TJ recently had to renew (reconfirm) my purchase order for a TCXD850 because the unit is still not available.

On the outset back in April 2010 TJ informed that the TCXD850 is not shipping yet and no ETA is known to him. To date Safe Harbor dealership never made me the promise that the TCXD850 is available within 2 days.

That’s my experience with the Safe Harbor -- very positive and transparent. I hope this may help to those who are on the lookout for the TCXD850.

cezaryg

Consultant
    That's very helpful information. Thanks cezaryg.
    Sandy Audio Visual LLC
    Twitter @DCTriCaster

Amen!!!!!!!

Video Producer, So Calif.
    Quote Originally Posted by ACross View Post
    In general we do not talk about specifics of what units are going where and in what numbers; what I can say however that might help is that the demand for TCXD850s (and the pre-order volume) is the highest on any product we have shipped in the past 15 years at least (and maybe longer).
    Another week and do we know if anyone has gotten them? I'm interested in the 850, but I want to see it in a few hands and hear that they are current with shipments before I plunk down my big $'s.
    www.TakeOneDigital.com
    Live webcasting from concept to broadcast * OC/LA/San Diego and Nationwide
    TC's: 300, 455, 460, Mini
    Cams: Sony PXW-X200, Pany HE-120 PTZ
    Cxns: HD-SDI over coax and fiber

Quote Originally Posted by TakeOneDigital View Post
    ... and hear that they are current with shipments ...
    I don't have details to offer, and I really do sympathize, but one thing I'll say is that even with production ramped up to its practical limit, it's going to be some time before that happens. The number of pre-orders to backfill is huge.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Okay. Read the press release from Amsterdam, read all the postings here, talked to my dealers here in Georgia, and now I'm beginning to smell a rat. Please allow me to use strong language. (my apologies to disturbing sensibilities...)

WHAT THE @#[email protected] IS GOING ON...NEWTEK??

YOU NEED TO PROVIDE REAL ANSWERS TO YOUR CUSTOMERS!

***PUT OUT AN UPDATE ON SHIPPING ON YOUR MAIN SITE!!***

The good folks who respond on this forum shouldn't have to answer for a poor business approach.

Hypothetical Board Meeting from Last Week:

[Board Meeting Transcript at NewTek]
    Member: "Sir, shouldn't we let our customers know when to expect the XD850 and tell them the actual problem we're encountering and our progress so far?" And Sir, it's been 3 months!

Board Executive: Absolutely NOT! We'll damage our good name! Let's keep holding out on them. What they don't know, won't hurt them. Besides, those few on the forums won't matter....we already have their money! AND...they will forget once we finally ship it. So.....keep'em on the dark!! And that's final!

....Let's get back to our LightWave products, no problems there!!

----------------------------

This hypothetic script is brought to you by: A loyal and concerned Customer.

Thank you.
    M.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast