Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Freak CG Feature

The Freak CG Feature

It looks like Meni is close to making a deal to turn The Freak into a feature film.

http://www.cgchannel.com/news/viewfe...sp?newsid=1881

Hey, that's great news. This could mean another feature film is made using Lightwave 3D.

I missed The Freak when it was played at a film festival in my city. I wish there was some other way to see it. I'd even buy a DVD if one was available.

Making short films with Lightwave is something that many people probably aspire to. I often wondered whether someone like Meni could make any profit from these short films.

Then again, if The Freak gets made into a feature, there would be enough bucks rolling in so that Meni could afford to buy a dream sports car like the fantasy ones he creates in Lightwave.

If anyone is interested in seeing the website of Aristomenis Tsirbas, you can find it here:

http://www.menithings.com/
    Moral of the day:
    Worry about your own morals, not someone else's!

He does say that he's still deciding between LightWave, Maya, and L------y.

GGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Traitor!!

Full rage of emotions!!! Where's my medication!!!

My guess is this interview has been made last SIGGRAPH (I have my reasons) and this is why he is considering "the intriguing new technology coming out of Luxology".

Originally posted by Titus
    this is why he is considering "the intriguing new technology coming out of ••••••••".
    Don't mention that word !!!!!!
    Moral of the day:
    Worry about your own morals, not someone else's!

luxology
    will i be beaten now?

Cool

Originally posted by mav3rick
    l-------
    will i be beaten now?
    Stone him!

meni is considering all 3d app options for the proposed film.."freak"

not just l**..he's good friends with brad P so that's how that connection came about...
    in the end it will be down to capablilty and any training needed for the team to might be involved..as he said it could be that a studio like PDI pick it up so they'll use there own pipeline in that case.

remember, meni was at the siggraph show..i'm sure he can influence the development of lw 8 with his production needs in a similar fashion to how the "freak" helped out the development of lw7...after that it'll be down to available 3d artists and also if the people with the "money" will want to go with a known studio or not.

i'm not sure what lw studios are still about but i think that flat earth and foundation imaging are no longer around so area51 and dna are the main one's that could take a lw pipline for the feature...and digital domain...they use maya as well.

whatever and whoever bring this to life i'll be sure to buy myself a ticket at the release...look like it will be a neat film.

good luck to him

steve g
    stee+cat
    http://www.cresshead.com/

Q - How many polys?
    A - All of them!

Meni is a lucky bsatrad, he has the opportunity to test software before many of us. It must be great to have this kind of influence.

"luck" has very little to doin getting on in this world...it's more down to persistance and hard work n long hours sat in front of lightwave!

...still...he's a lucky chap!...

stee+cats
    stee+cat
    http://www.cresshead.com/

Q - How many polys?
    A - All of them!

uhu! strong words here...

I find that Meni is a good 3D artist with good jobs done in Lw and wich did a good job for Lw 7 developing too with the great phantom points in modeler and other things!!

now, I haven't seen all The Freak movie so I can't judge this in particularly, but I saw the other movies, so that I can say he's a good artist and not only a lucky man. he seems to be very smart, so that he developed all his work by himself, writing and projecting chars and in different directions too.

he did the things I'd like to be done from great people like Taron and other great Lw users.

(no, I didn't get money from him so I stop here.)

I would be happy if he will do his movie with incoming Lw[8] wich can surely do the work, in his hands. and this would be a great advertising for Lw, like Jimmy Neutron was at the time.

but I'm not disappointed to know that he could use also other apps in his pipeline, expecially if he will have to hire different artists to get the work done in less time.

stop of the polemic.
    no flame intended.
    Nemoid | Illustrator | 3D artist
    .::Creating for you::.

Co-founder of

www.lwita.com italian/english Lw forum

This Freak movie will probably make Final Fantasy: The Spirits Withing look like a smash hit. I've seen both of Meni's shorts and the storyline is poor and confusing, plus the CG isn't great, but good. I don't see how anyone is gonna actually sit through 90 minutes of the Freak when most can't stand 1 minute of it.

Well, you never know.

This Freak movie will probably make Final Fantasy: The Spirits Withing look like a smash hit.
    So... that means it would have to lose more than $100 million dollars. LOL! I think Final Fantasy is going to hold on to the "biggest cg flop ever" title for a loooong time.

With so many cg features in production, a bigger flop may come sooner than you think.

But I don't think it'll be The Freak. If for no other reason, I doubt it will have the budget FF had.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast