Thread: VT[5] Software does not recongnise my VT[3] Card

VT[5] Software does not recongnise my VT[3] Card

I don't know if it is a compatibility issue but I can't seem to start the VT[5] Software as it is always asking me to resit my VT[5] card. I have a VT[3] card. The card is installed correctly as I can see it in other programs ( Adobe Media Encoder sees the card in the popup menu for selecting a video input and audio input). Is there something I am doing wrong?

Thanks,

Jean Sebastien

Quote Originally Posted by MegaFlash View Post
    I don't know if it is a compatibility issue but I can't seem to start the VT[5] Software as it is always asking me to resit my VT[5] card.
    You don't mention whether or not you have reset the configs, as (I think) the error message is asking you to do?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

It ask me to Resit the Card I did it twice before noticing it was already recongnise by windows... So I am pretty sure the card sits correctly in the pci slot...

Interesting. I'd love to see a screenshot of this error message, if that was possible.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

I have the same issue. This past weekend I finally updated my computer.

Asus P6T Motherboard
    Intel i7 930 CPU
    EVGA GTX460 Video card
    6G Corsair DDR3 1066 Ram (3 x2GB)
    Windows 7 Pro (64bit)

I have the VT3 card, VT5 upgrade. I installed the software, but each time I tried to start VT5, I received the message (something like) Unable to load drivers. Check and reseat card, and then the system would lock up -- even trying to look at the driver in Device Mangler, the system hangs. I was unable to uninstall anything from 'Progams and Features' without a lock up... finally System Restore in Safe Mode restored the system and let me back into my computer.

(Sorry didn't think to take a screen shot before uninstalling).

In my frustration, I'm not quite sure what to do now..... VT5 system anyone??
    PCPal Digital Media

Did you have NewTek upgrade your VT[3] hardware card? From what I remember, that needed to be done in order to run VT[5] software. I did that when I purchased the VT[5] upgrade. It wasn't free, but it worked.

Some motherboards have inaccurately and almost unilaterally lost their ability to support 5V power/signalled cards but not this motherboard. (just a good number of Dell computers, from reports made here)

As the card is recognized and the drivers seem to have installed, then I'd look to see if it is possible to physically install the board in the other PCI slot. It maybe that the drivers for other shared-IRQ hardware or the bus-master channel on that slot could have issues.

The way this looks at the moment, I'd guess that there is no merit in upgrading the VT[3] hardware to VT[4,5]/Pro [email protected] enhanced PCI-X 3.3V compatibility hardware.

There is a light on the card in the corner. Does it settle after you initialize VT into the off or on state? Also, when you boot, is it off/on?

Have you powered down completely, unplugging the mains power lead and then attempting to hit the start button to drain the motherboard down completely? This can be useful if you are prompted to re-seat the card but you are unable to.

If you have the SX8 daugherboard then do check it has power from the floppy connector and that the Sub-miniature bayonet connections are good on that well loved interconnect arrangement. (that is the area where you could easily justify going for the VTPro hardware upgrade, imho)

If the other apps are seeing the capture/output entities, then do they also see/produce video when you run it over and select the appropriate connector/mode please?

I have P6T SE M/B with i7-930 CPU and Win-XP work with VT[3] card without problem.

Since Peter and maye Jean are using Win7 64 bit, I will suggested following steps.
    1. Install VT[5] then VT[5.3] update. VT[5.3] update is a must for Win7 64 bit OS.
    2. If still have same problem, check your VT3 core version. Update core if necessary.
    3. If still have problem, call NewTek tech support.
    =============
    Chen Pan

[email protected]
    =============

I think Richard's remarks about PCI slot voltage in later motherboards are a good possibility. It would be good to see if the LED on the card is lighting up or not.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Just Tryin' To Help...
    I concur with Richard's and Steve's suggestions relative to a voltage problem. Last year I purchased an 18-month old system (originally built by one of our premier dealers) that exhibits the same problem - my older version VT card will not always initialize, I get the same error message, and the LED on the card doesn't light when the problem occurs.

The motherboard's voltage monitor in BIOS is showing the 5 volt side is actually putting out 4.896 volts. Although the VT card will initialize on the initial startup about half the time, when it doesn't, I've found the solution (short of replacing the power supply) is to power down and restart the system (pulling the plug as Richard suggests isn't always necessary) - sometimes it will initialize on the first restart, other times it takes up to three restarts. Once the card does initialize, the VT[5] software can be shut down and will restart with no problem every time as long as I don't shut down the computer.

Bottom line in my case, if the error message appears when trying to start VT, don't waste time trying again, just power down and restart until it works.
    Last edited by Scott Bates; 09-04-2010 at 07:51 AM.
    SB Enterprises, Quincy, Illinois ~ in the backwoods of the US of A

Update:

I have reinstalled the VT card into my computer.
    PCI voltage reads 5.09V - VT card led lights up.
    Installed software (VT5v53) - took a few tries - one lock up - next try, missing dll, unable to start up - third try, we have lift off.

Everything seems to be running great, and so much faster than before. Yay!!!
    Thanks everyone for your input.

-peter-
    PCPal Digital Media

i have vt[5] with older card - i get that message sometimes! - i started ignoring it and just hit ctrl vt to exit and restart perfectly everytime