Thread: Why sony? Why why why???

Why sony? Why why why???

<rant>Why when I tell my PS3 that I don't want to update an installed software to the latest version, does it ask me 5 minutes later in the middle of a game? With 'x' as the yes button, which gets pressed every 2 seconds in a game, so the greatest chance is that it will take me straight out of the game WITHOUT saving and mean I have to restart the game again? And if I manage to click cancel, it does it over and over and over till I eventually do cock up?

Why not wait (if i said no the first time) till I've quit the game to prompt me again? It will ask again when I start the game again....

It's the single most aggravating thing about the PS3 and I can't believe they didn't spot this on testing. I don't want to update because the wireless connection is flakey, and I don't want to spend half an hour waiting for a patch to download then break down, then have to download the whole lot again, and break down till it finally gets it right.... I just want to play the game! Even if it doesn't quite work! Arrrgh!
    </rant>
    Push the software, don't let it push YOU!
    My own plugins and work:www.mikegreen.name
    LaptopSetup:corei7 2.4GHz nvidia GT 650M 8Gig win8 64
    WorkSetup:core i7 3.4Ghz nvidia Quadro 2000 12Gig Ram Win7

Sounds like when I would come back to my windows computer from taking a break and found it decided to reboot and close all my apps without saving. It happened a few times before I realized it was a setting to update and reboot when it wanted to. I found out because I would be working and it would say, windows is rebooting in 60 seconds. It would only give two options... reboot later, or reboot now. And I would hit later because I was freaking working. Then 5 mins later, reboot later or now? I would be like STOP @#*#$% ASKING ME TO REBOOT YOU ... (omitted language).

Finally found that setting for automatic updates.. but still, who didn't think a 'do not reboot until I want too' option was a bad idea...

I feel your pain about the PS3, that stuff drives me nuts. xbox just makes you play offline if you aren't updated on a certain game, which is fine w/me. Same for the OS I think. Interrupting a game is just weird! Especially putting it to a button you are mashing at that moment and not putting a pause in there lol.

If the update is required for online play (stats/trophies/store), then every time that game tries to go online, it will prompt.
    Lamont G
    Artist Ubisoft Osaka/大阪

PC gaming FTW!
    UI / UX Designer @ NewTek

Except you have to spend crazy $$ to keep your system super fast. Where as with the xbox we are ok with the same graphics quality for 10years at a time. hahaha.

Actually, they are getting really good at making better and better graphics with the same hardware.. it blows my mind. Red dead redemption looks so awesome. So does Alan Wake. These guys have it down..

That's what we've been playing

And my wireless connection isn't so strong, so I haven't bothered updating.

Very good game though!
    Push the software, don't let it push YOU!
    My own plugins and work:www.mikegreen.name
    LaptopSetup:corei7 2.4GHz nvidia GT 650M 8Gig win8 64
    WorkSetup:core i7 3.4Ghz nvidia Quadro 2000 12Gig Ram Win7

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgy View Post

And my wireless connection isn't so strong, so I haven't bothered updating.
    You can download the updates from Sony and then update via USB. Game updates, no.
    Lamont G
    Artist Ubisoft Osaka/大阪