Thread: SpeedEdit2 keeps crashing!

SpeedEdit2 keeps crashing!

I have been patient but its just getting to my nerve. I have failed to edit anything on SpeedEdit2 ever since I got it. Why? Because it keeps crashing! Everytime it crashed, I just give up. And when I tell myself lets give it another try, it crashes again! I am not editing a long video but merely under 2-5 mins!

Scenario 1 - edit 2 clips(720p 30f no longer than 1 min). The moment I pull in a .mp3 that Newtek provided in the library and cut, SpeedEdit crashes.

Scenario 2 - editing PAL 1080p 50. The moment I add more than 10 clips, SpeedEdit crashes.

Computer Specs
    Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
    RAM 4GB

I think this is a simple editing and this above mentioned issues should not happen.

Anyone have this issues? Or its just me!

Some MP3's can be troublesome, but apart from that, your system spec seems like it should be adequate. What sort of graphics card are you running, and have you tried updating its driver to the most recent one?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

SBowie, thanks for your response. Much appreciated. I will try updating the driver. BTW, I am running it on Vista Home. On the mp3, I am sure many are using the library tracks provided by Newtek. And if they don't have a problem, I reckon I should not. I can convert to wav but since Speededit is suppose to take in "many" formats, I think it should sort this out.

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by isaac View Post
    BTW, I am running it on Vista Home.
    So am I (64 bit) version.

On the mp3, I am sure many are using the library tracks provided by Newtek. And if they don't have a problem, I reckon I should not.
    There are a lot of MPE3 variants. Some do cause problems. Actually, if it turned out that this was a problem (or one of your problems), it would be worth submitting a sample so the guys could see if better support could be provided for that specific variant.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Some mp3's would definitely crash SE1.55 for me. I just got in the habit of converting to wav first. However, this was supposed to have been taken care of in SE2.

Don't waste your time trying to get SE to digest an mp3 if it crashes. Just convert to wav and be done with it. I agree that we shouldn't be experiencing this problem in version 2 but its possible your file has something in it the NT programmers haven't accounted for.

As Steve said, please send a sample to John Perkins at NT and hopefully they can add your fix to the next update.

Thanks guys. I guess thats what I'll have to do.
    But the other more frustrating thing is when I am trying to edit my 1080p 50 clips. I drag in and edit clip by clip and when it reaches to a certain number of clips, ie. 10-15 pending length, it crashes. And I cannot open the clips again. I have been putting aside editing my videos from a trip to india for almost a year because of this. Sheeze!

Okay okay .. i am complaining ...

But the other more frustrating thing is when I am trying to edit my 1080p 50 clips.
    This is likely a different issue. Tried updating the graphics driver yet? What kind of card does your system have in it?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Will try to do updates and let you guys know. Thanks!

Originally Posted by isaac
    But the other more frustrating thing is when I am trying to edit my 1080p 50 clips.

Are you using a 1080p 50 SE project setup? Sometimes raw files not captured with SE have playback and freeze ups, thus why you see postings to convert to the speedHQ codec. I also set my SE Prefs setting for Cache, to a drive in freespace, instead of a folder, so I can quickly see if Old.tmp files are gone.
    GoodLuck KiloVideo

Digitizing video since 1984
    HyMPG Designer since 1997
    [email protected]