Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LiveText2 and DataLink

In LT2 the edit window is always 16:9. That being said, you will notice some safe title margins for both 16:9 and 4:3. Just build the graphics in relation to the 4:3 margins. LT2 will crop the 16:9 margins when sending to a 4:3 TC project. In other words, if you build your graphics out to the 16:9 margins, they will not be squeezed, they will be cropped.

Since you have imported a project as 4:3, you will be fine.

Not the best approach, in my opinion... as the buttons to shift objects to left or right will always do it as 16:9 unless you have a network connection to a TC operating in 4:3. An option to make those alignments default to 16:9 or 4:3 would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by hariman2000 View Post
    ... but won't the graphic be squeezed when it is output to the TC Studio and keyed over?
    No. All projects are now actually 16:9, square pixel, 1080 (this is actually one of the great things about LT2) ... but output is correctly handled whether for network output) or file export. This is all detailed in the manual, but do test it, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by hariman2000 View Post
    Also for those who are waiting for the internal CG issue to be fixed, remember it worked in the original product fine, so it is not impossible.
    An endless list of bugs have been addressed in LT2 and its siblings. If you are aware of remaining bugs, please do re-submit them as Fogbugz cases.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by ZachSchuster View Post
    An option to make those alignments default to 16:9 or 4:3 would be nice.
    Good idea - please submit it as a feature request, Zach. (I disagree with the rest, though. It is hugely advantageous to have a unified project format, for any number of reasons.)
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    Good idea - please submit it as a feature request, Zach. (I disagree with the rest, though. It is hugely advantageous to have a unified project format, for any number of reasons.)
    Sorry, bad writing on my part. I agree that a unified approach is best. But the option to align based on 4:3 or 16:9 would correct the existing alignment problem with LT2. I will submit it as a feature request.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12