Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Speed Modeling Challenge #83 - Sci-fi Corridor

Congrats Emperor Pete, that's a really cool effect you have going, and an impressive model for an hour's work.

And Shnoze Shmon, keep going on the project.. Don't forget, the whole point of these is to get people modelling, and if you start a good idea, keep going with it, outside of the competition, for your own satisfaction, and portfolio!

Nice! looking forward to the end result

Quote Originally Posted by Shnoze Shmon View Post
    I really love this topic and fully intended to enter, but it didn't take long to disqualify myself. The biggest problem is too many ideas.

When I learned one point horizons in school (a long long time ago...) I enjoyed drawing sci-fi corridors either actively as art or in doodles on pads of paper intended for notes which never seemed to get taken. So I took to this subject like Scrat to his wayward acorn.

Also I cant help but salivate over Tobian's Pluto Station and dream, drool, anguish, pine, of doing my own work like that. (Although, I'm more oriented towards a ship than a station.) So this is a chance to kick my feet in the water and look forward to the swim.

I've created enough of my corridor to lock in the general idea. Lots of room for details and the many possible changes though.

I did some rough texturing for a render of what I have so far along with the wire frame.

The rail on the left will eventually be both direct and sconce lighting, along with other lighting to be added.

Oops, left the bulkhead out of the wire frame and texture shots so I uploaded earlier version screens.
    “It's amazing the way people cling to insults. Or what they think are insults.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tobian View Post
    And Shnoze Shmon, keep going on the project.. Don't forget, the whole point of these is to get people modelling, and if you start a good idea, keep going with it, outside of the competition, for your own satisfaction, and portfolio!
    Quote Originally Posted by chco2 View Post
    Nice! looking forward to the end result
    Thanks guys!

This will indeed be a good addition to my portfolio as it is my first interior in LW.

Barely gotten a chance to touch it the last couple of days but here is another render. And I'll place future updates in the WIP forum.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	corridor07d.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	720.9 KB 
ID:	85504  

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345