Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Bug with TCXD300

Another Bug with TCXD300

After the bug confirmed realtive at problem of audio clicking in all recordings.
    Problem for which I am very disappointed with this machine and we are creating many problems. And unfortunately no one can tell when and if it is solved!

This morning I discovered that all recordings in SD 16:9 and 4:3, so we used an external recorder to output Composite and/or component.
    I have over the top edge of the image of white lines like overscan very annoying.
    As you can see yourself in this short movie:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?rriyzmmcwzm

The lines are not present for direct recording sessions Tricaster and HD (720 and 1080).

Can you also confirm that other defect?

I use PAL system.

Thanks
    Last edited by epamedia; 05-15-2010 at 01:21 PM.

Hi epamedia,
    I also so have the TCXD300 with component output to my Sony monitor and VTR and have no problems. The only time I can see the data (white lines) is if I press the overscan button on the monitor. How are you routing the component signal?

Use PAL or NTSC system?

my problem is with the 576i session and 576iw

It looks like a problem with overscan. But unfortunately there is no button to remove the overscan in Tricaster or to crop the image slightly out.

Quote Originally Posted by epamedia View Post
    After the bug confirmed realtive at problem of audio clicking in all recordings.
    Problem for which I am very disappointed with this machine and we are creating many problems. And unfortunately no one can tell when and if it is solved!........
    Yes thats sad. We also reported this in February and rev 1b doesnt fix this. I was told that a fix is in progress and that it will be released after NAB 2010. Maybe, someone from Newtek can give us some infos about the actual status. The audio part from XD300 is unusable.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin K View Post
    Yes thats sad. We also reported this in February and rev 1b doesnt fix this. I was told that a fix is in progress and that it will be released after NAB 2010. Maybe, someone from Newtek can give us some infos about the actual status. The audio part from XD300 is unusable.
    I confirm everything! The problem is that the audio must necessarily pass through the Tricaster, otherwise there is a delay between audio and video.

it's a shame we let our customers in this state!

Without an estimate date! I'm seriously thinking of suing to Newtek for this and all the other problems we found are creating an economic loss and time to our customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin K View Post
    Martin,

Can I know who you reported this to so that I can follow up on it. At this point this is the first I have heard of this specific problem but we will look into it right away.

Andrew

Personally I have reported this problem over a month ago to my dealer who in turn reported to Simon in France and Roberto in Italy.

Personally I have reported this problem over a month ago to my dealer who in turn reported to Simon in France and Roberto in Italy.
    For what it is worth, please do feel free to email me if you have any problems with the product and I can assure you that we will look at it as quickly as possible. In this case, what is happening is that it looks like we are potentially getting non active parts of the video frame in this case. I do not know more at this time, but will look into it.

Andrew

Thank you Andrew, I await your own feedback on both issues.
    Good job
    Luigi

Ok, looking at this issue, I have confirmed that (at least in the quick tests so far) that we are capturing the correct 576 lines of active video on PAL; as such, I am not sure that there is actual bug here.

What is showing at the top of the frame is the non active "control region" of the video feed, in which things like close-caption are normally placed. It is pretty common to want to record these to disk (we get this requested all the time) so that close caption can be correctly passed through the switcher.

Can you possible explain in what situation this is a problem for you and we will look at what the best possible remedy might be.

Andrew

Andrew, I try to explain better what is happening.

We usually record on workstations with external card and software Canopus Edius.
    We have two workstations with an SD card with NX and other HD component.

We both noticed this overscan or time code at the top image.

On the old mixer and any other video equipment connected to this line is not visible.

I am considering with the assistance of the Canopus Possibility to cut up during the acquisition. During editing this is not a big problem because we can cut. But often we give our customers the original AVI file and we have made a good impression.

Now I wonder if it is possible some adjustment on the TCXD300 which allows a cut out image to prevent this fault occurs.

Because the defect is only on output (composite, YC and component) and only for SD sessions. As for recording HD and grab on direct Tricaster there are no problems the picture is cropped correctly.

I hope I explained correctly, use an online translator.

Thanks

Sorry I took a day to get back to you on this, but I needed to get the equipment I needed to perform an accurate frame test on PAL together. Basically I can confirm that in SD PAL that we do record the exact "active frame" of the video, which will include the close caption and SMPTE timecode values that are outside the safe area of the image.

Specifically we have verified that we capture the active video frame starting on line 24 of the full frame (the full frame is 625 lines and includes the blanking areas, etc...).

I understand that there might be a need to provide an easy way to crop off areas of the video frame that you do not want and this is something that we will look at for future versions of the product. A simple work-around in the mean time is to use an overlay that blanks the top and bottom lines of the image.

Andrew

ps. We are still researching the audio issue.

Andrew, I spoke with the assistance of Canopus to the problem dell'overscan. I did change a configuration parameter to minimize the acquisition of "white dashes". Has decreased a lot but unfortunately is still visible.

They argue that the Tricaster TCXD300 probably not calibrated correctly compared to other video equipment, because they usually set the default limit acquisition dell'overscan 3% reduction. With this value to 90% can avoid the problem. While connected with the Tricaster also be sure to set the value to 0% is always visible.

At this point, although it is not an actual defect, you can reduce the area superior image output to Tricaster sessions for SD? Or alternatively you can enter the control panel master output, control of crop images?

Thanks

They argue that the Tricaster TCXD300 probably not calibrated correctly compared to other video equipment, because they usually set the default limit acquisition dell'overscan 3% reduction. With this value to 90% can avoid the problem. While connected with the Tricaster also be sure to set the value to 0% is always visible
    This is not an overscan issue at all, so I am not quite sure what they are referring although there is a good chance that the "90%" is the "safe area" of the video frame which is the area that is normally visible on a monitor, but does not correspond to the full video frame and varies significantly monitor-to-monitor (modern monitors increasingly show full frame video.)

A SD video signal is a very well defined thing (I would refer you to this link) and the lines of the active video signal that you should capture is part of the standard. Specifically, the active video frame is 576 lines line and starts on line 24 of the full video frame. I have verified that this is exactly what we do using test equipment here.

The TriCaster on-screen monitors do show the entire video frame, and not just the safe areas of the display which might be a useful option for SD formats ...

Andrew

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast