Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Any one bought an ipad?

Any one bought an ipad?

I decided to buy one, not sure why yet - somehow got seduced by the marketing and had a moment of weakness!

Just wondering if anyone has found any artist worthy apps to download?
    i7 X3930/32GB/Quadro 4000

is it out in the UK yet?

having seen, reviews and video's on the ipad...i have no "urge" to get one...
    on spec's listed i'm not wow'd by it...

BUT

i reserve ultimate judgement on it until i have one in my hands to try it out.
    Last edited by cresshead; 05-13-2010 at 03:03 PM.
    stee+cat
    http://www.cresshead.com/

Q - How many polys?
    A - All of them!

Heck no, I'm getting a windows based lappy top with 4G. They are waaayyy more worth the price.
    All that is powerful or long standing is first conceived in the imagination; supported by the hope of possibility and then made manifest in our commitment of our current physical reality.

What amazeds me is the amount of people who, just like you, have bought one and don't even know why.

A testament to the power of Apples marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by cresshead View Post
    is it out in the UK yet?
    28 May they arrive on our shores.

I was tempted to get one for presentations, but not being able to simply plug it into my PC and transfer files to it for viewing has put me off.

I'm sure there are ways around it, but if it's anything like the iPhone (don't have one of those either) then you can't easily transfer files to it's 'disk' and load them up in an app, which to me is a massive mistake for the iPad, would have been really useful otherwise.
    UI / UX Designer @ NewTek

Blog Entries
    DropBox.
    btw i don't have one. I really don"t see the need. I'm perfectly happy with my laptop or desktop. When on the move my nexus one does the job. If anything i really do want one of those net books with the ion chip set.
    Ell no 'ta enamora' de mi, yo tampoco

I have an iPhone and have an Office app that easily lets me transfer files from my PC and view, edit or create on the iPhone, so I guess there will be ones for the iPad.

Yeah Drop Box or there this a free upnp app that will hook up with my NAS drive for music and movies.

I will have to see if its been worth the £££'s after I've had it for a bit. The user experience seems pretty slick and the sketchpad pro app looks like fun. Just got to wait for delivery on the 28th

No!
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------
    I build the best spaceships, the biggest spaceships, they're great, you'll love them.

I'm kinda liking the new alienware for presentations. It has an HDMI out for connection to external monitors and TV's

http://www.dell.com/content/products...n&s=dhs&~ck=mn

I'm kinda liking the new alienware for presentations. It has an HDMI out for connection to external monitors and TV's
    I don't see the ipad as a laptop replacement, but more of a quick, grab and go product for reading the news or forums, using as a magazine reader etc... I'm intending to buy a new laptop with enough grunt to use for 3d and as a render node, but the weight of those are around 3.0 kg, where as the ipad is about half a kilo. I'm sure a netbook would have been just as portable, but none of those had quite the same level of visual appeal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by stevecullum View Post
    I don't see the ipad as a laptop replacement, but more of a quick, grab and go product for reading the news or forums, using as a magazine reader etc...
    This is exactly what I am using it for - no worries about running out of juice, having it plugged in etc ... ( obviously it does run out of juice eventually but generally I need to charge it only once a week)

Quote Originally Posted by chunderburger View Post
    no what?
    Did I buy an Ipad? No. I did not.
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------
    I build the best spaceships, the biggest spaceships, they're great, you'll love them.

Quote Originally Posted by realgray View Post

http://www.dell.com/content/products...n&s=dhs&~ck=mn
    I don't like the look that thing has at all, especially for presentations.
    Got to say that, for presentations, anything with an Apple logo works out amazing. And now that my big *** HP laptop died on me *again*, I may go for a Mac. (yet, the Ipad is a wholly different category)

The Ipad looks nice, played a bit with it. I'll probably get one as it is sexy, light, great display and just generally quite nice to pop out to show work on. The lack of Flash sucks though... as we work with that as well.

They look nice and all that but I just dont see the point of such a large device that cant act as a computer on its own (in that you MUST have another "real" computer to connect it to, to transfer files to it).

If it was a stand-alone machine that didnt require another computer then i'd be much more temped.
    uh wha?

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast