Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SpeedEdit2 Crash with unhandled Exception

delete your temp files

in the folder with the same name as the project

This should not happen, are you beta testing some new flash or apple product?
    TriCaster Mini Advanced Edition with NDI Camera, LightWave 11.5 + SpeedEDIT 4.2
    Music by www.soundtraxxmusic.com
    Available in The NewTek Store: https://store.newtek.com/index.php/content/soundtrack-bundle.htm

delete your temp files

from the folder with the same name as the project

did you upgrade flash or apple?
    TriCaster Mini Advanced Edition with NDI Camera, LightWave 11.5 + SpeedEDIT 4.2
    Music by www.soundtraxxmusic.com
    Available in The NewTek Store: https://store.newtek.com/index.php/content/soundtrack-bundle.htm

Just Just wanted to say thanks to all of the Newtek users who jumped-in and helped a newbe get through the tough troubleshooting tasks. Especially you Steve.

Thanks,

Tom
    Tomc

Are there quality settings anywhere for SpeedHQ? What kind of reduction in quality is there from .MTS files to SpeedHQ?

afaik NO

Quote Originally Posted by Mutley Eugenius View Post
    Are there quality settings anywhere for SpeedHQ? What kind of reduction in quality is there from .MTS files to SpeedHQ?
    If you do a simple LW render of anything, when you choose avi and codec, you see a config when you pick HQ. It will not let you do anything.

Hope your doing well, and did you ever patch a monitor downstairs to see the screen upstairs?

TakeCare
    GoodLuck KiloVideo

Digitizing video since 1984
    HyMPG Designer since 1997
    [email protected]

LiveSet Making Machine joseburgos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutley Eugenius View Post
    There are a few flavors but no settings to configure.
    HQ 4.2.0
    HQ 4.2.2
    HQ 4.4.4
    They also have the same but with alpha so just add .4 to the end of the ones I listed for there alpha variants.
    So from M2T I would use 4.2.2 just in case it has the extra chroma like NewTek's studio profile. HQ 4.4.4 from a M2T would only give you a larger file size and no other benefit.
    When you re-compress you re-compress but I really don't know the answer to your question so maybe NewTek can answer that portion.

Take care,
    Jose Burgos
    NewTek Certified Trainer
    NewTek Certified on all TriCaster's
    NewTek Training & Certification Testing
    www.burgosfx.com
    FaceBook
    Twitter @NYTriCaster

Yes, I have switched my routine to include converting the canon's .MTS files to SpeedHQ. Everything is working find now.

Thanks for your feedback.

Tom
    Tomc

LiveSet Making Machine joseburgos's Avatar
    Tom,
    Glad for you but could you try something on a test clip if you have time. I don't know if this will work and you may very well be wasting your time (my disclaimer).
    Inside SE2 in the media window, right click on a test clip from the Canon and change the extension from .mts to .avi and tell me if nothing changes, it stops working, it works, or other.
    This has helped on .mov files so I am curious is all.
    Edited: I just found out from another user that it did noting for him as his problems where audio related (24 bit) and not video. So you can try anyway but I feel it will not work.

Take care,
    Last edited by joseburgos; 06-01-2010 at 10:33 AM.
    Jose Burgos
    NewTek Certified Trainer
    NewTek Certified on all TriCaster's
    NewTek Training & Certification Testing
    www.burgosfx.com
    FaceBook
    Twitter @NYTriCaster

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12