Thread: hypervoxel help

hypervoxel help

how do I make my smoke collide with my object.
    what im trying to do is make smoke come out of a bottlle. but it is going through the glass!

thanks

If you're using Particles then add a FX_Collision to the bottle.

Bye.
    Visit 3D Recursions :: 3D Math for Art Places
    plus Attractors Art! and My own old and ancient Site!

"Everyone needs something / Sometimes they don't know why / But so much good's been misunderstood / In the blink of the eye / So I take a little bad with the good / It ain't just black and white" Iggy Pop

fx collison

thanks, i sselected object, know how do i measure the thickness of the glass, it looks pretty complex
    what are a good parameters this a thin bottle

thanks

did you apply the FX_Collision plugin to the Glass object?

- Will.
    "All those with Psychokinesis, raise my hand."
    - The Doctor.
    The Room With No Doors
    by Kate Orman.

bah somebody beat me too it... heh

- Will.
    "All those with Psychokinesis, raise my hand."
    - The Doctor.
    The Room With No Doors
    by Kate Orman.

Rock'nRoll Set Visualiser Adrian@Stufish's Avatar
    The particals are just dots. they will be considered to have collided when they hit the inside of the glass. so the size of the hyperwotsit will determine the 'thickness' you need.

I think you would snd up with a bottle of fuzzy edged marbles.

You probably need to generate the particals just inside the bottle mouth as it pours, and use a much simpler technique for the smoke in the bottle

problems

look, i made the particles in realflow, then imported it lw, now a made a null object and used it as a voxel.
    but my smoke is still going threw even after iused fx collision as object
    help
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: problems

Originally posted by DONGLE THIS!
    look, i made the particles in realflow, then imported it lw, now a made a null object and used it as a voxel.
    but my smoke is still going threw even after iused fx collision as object
    help
    Confusion...
    I don't know much about realflow... sorry!

If you use LW's particle emitter adding it to a null-object placed into your "glass" then PFX_Collision should work correctly.

Setup the sequence then applay HV to the null (now the null is a Particle-Emitter) and test HV's different sizes until you reach a good result!

Then... you can do more adding a PFX_Wind, more than one PFX_Emitter and so on (now... it's your own imagination)!

Bye.
    Last edited by Exper; 09-12-2003 at 03:18 AM.
    Visit 3D Recursions :: 3D Math for Art Places
    plus Attractors Art! and My own old and ancient Site!

"Everyone needs something / Sometimes they don't know why / But so much good's been misunderstood / In the blink of the eye / So I take a little bad with the good / It ain't just black and white" Iggy Pop

Rock'nRoll Set Visualiser Adrian@Stufish's Avatar
    Stand back and think about what you're doing, & read the manuals.
    you have imported some data which is directing the peudo-random movement of some particles in a confining space. you defined the enclosing geometry and the settings in the software that generated these movement paths so that the particles would not pass through that geometry. You are then instructing LW to 'build' smoke around these particles. the smoke fills in the spaces between the particles by extending out in every direction from each particle, probably falling off up to a maximum distance from the particle (which you have set) or until it 'joins' the smoke from another particle. If you were careless enough to define your confining object so that particles can be in a position close enough to the outside surface of the glass for the smoke to extend beyond the glass then you got what you asked for.

The remedy is to rebuild your 'colision object' allowing sufficient 'wall thickness' and re-generate the data.