Thread: My experience calling Newtek support

My experience calling Newtek support

Called support at 6:38 PM EST... get a short message thanking me for calling...then absolute silence for about a minute or longer until a message finally comes on (so at this point I know i'm on hold, and there is no on-hold music)

Then about 8 minutes later it starts ringing...and ringing...and never stops. After about 3 minutes of ringing I hang up and call back

When I call back, it immediately starts ringing...and ringing...and never stops

So I hang up and call back again. This time I get the welcome message, then back on hold... and after another 8 minutes or so I finally gave up

Probably because they are at NAB.
    Dynamic Video Productions
    Mount Laurel NJ

No, Tech Support is certainly not at NAB. I'm really sorry this happened. I've experienced some poltergeist activity in the phone qeueing mechanisms myself, I don't know what the problem is.

You might try email, or calling the main switchboard and explaining the predicament.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Technical Support
    I will have our MIS Department take a look and see if anything is going on with the phones. Can you tell me what number you dialed in on?
    Donny Oropeza
    NewTek Technical Support
    210-341-8444 (8:30 AM to 6:30 PM C)
    (Monday - Friday)(10:00 AM to 2 PM C)(Sat-Sun)
    NewTek Customer Service
    1-800-862-7837 (9:30 AM to 5:30 PM C)(M-F)

FYI I had tried calling in on Sunday 4/4/2010 several times throughout the afternoon and went directly to a recorded message indicating no representatives available. I finally emailed in my issue and got an initial response 3 days later on 4/7/2010.

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by donny View Post
    I will have our MIS Department take a look and see if anything is going on with the phones. Can you tell me what number you dialed in on?
    i dialed 210-341-8444

Quote Originally Posted by aporter View Post
    FYI I had tried calling in on Sunday 4/4/2010 several times throughout the afternoon and went directly to a recorded message indicating no representatives available. I finally emailed in my issue and got an initial response 3 days later on 4/7/2010.

Andrew
    This sounds like the problem I referred to in another similar thread. The initial message that no-one is available is not a surprise in itself. What seems weird is what follows - you're actually on hold, waiting for the next available rep, but there's no indication that this is the case .. no muzak, no occasional voice reminders that you're still in the queue. It just seems as if the call has been dropped - but if you hang on, eventually it rings again and you get through.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")