Thread: Cashe Drive

Cashe Drive

I have seen 32 gig SSD drives going for about a $100 now. Would that be a good cashe drive for Speededit or would that be too small?

SSD drive usually have slower write speed than HD. You need to test before use it.

Also, 32G cache sometimes was not enough for daily editing use. I checked my clients' cache storage everytime I visited them. There always have some cache files left behind by SE sessions and they might be several gigs per file. Usually I suggested a 50-100G cache to my clients if he not plan to check cache space every time before SE launch.
    =============
    Chen Pan

[email protected]
    =============

Do you have them set up another strip set for cache? or do they use the video array. I just heard that things will spead up if the cache is not on the same drive as your video

For best performance, set cache to a drive other than video array and system cache (usually c.
    In my R&D machine, I only have system and video drive, so I set the SE cache at video array. The video array run at speed about 200MB/sec. They works fine in most projects.
    =============
    Chen Pan

[email protected]
    =============

set you cache to idisk.apple.gov
    TriCaster Mini Advanced Edition with NDI Camera, LightWave 11.5 + SpeedEDIT 4.2
    Music by www.soundtraxxmusic.com
    Available in The NewTek Store: https://store.newtek.com/index.php/content/soundtrack-bundle.htm

I use my Render to Raid for my Cache. 2x+ render speed with HQproject codec. Single CPU 3.8AMD-FX, XP Pro-MCE OS
    GoodLuck KiloVideo

Digitizing video since 1984
    HyMPG Designer since 1997
    [email protected]