Thread: Starship

Starship

I know, that not too much work left to actually place it in this thread, but it is still unfinished, so I think it belongs here. Critics welcome.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jonas.jpg 
Views:	357 
Size:	277.7 KB 
ID:	83841   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jonas_wire.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	734.4 KB 
ID:	83842  

Blog Entries
    nice
    Ell no 'ta enamora' de mi, yo tampoco

Very cool ship!

A few things are throwing off the sense of scale for me (it has a feeling of a toy ship instead of a massive ship).
    -the texturing - maybe change the camo texture and/or add some smaller texture details
    -the large guns - they just make the ship look like a toy - maybe have more smaller ones?
    -no windows on the ship - this just might help with the sense of scale also.

Great work!!!

agree with Jeffry on the camo it just doesn't make sense on space crafts, its supposed to be for the jungle! Also some paneling and minute detail would make it look a lot cooler. So far it's good, but it could be awesome

Agree with the comments above.

I like the overall design of the ship, and the overall feel of the image. I think however that the texturing could use a lot of work. It looks like you've just used procedurals for the texturing, which makes the whole ship look kind of bland. I would suggest UV mapping and painting your own textures, that would really take this to the next level.

It's kind of cute and cartoony, I'm not sure if that was what you were trying to do, but I think it works well.

Try more depth under the turrets. The mind says those are heavy parts and need enough structure under them for proper support. Extend the bottom so the nose and side turrets have about 3 times their height under them, add details including (previously mentioned) windows.

Lower the deck where the quad guns sit. They are crowding that big turret too much.

Thanks for the replies, and sorry for delay

- I'll definetely remove the Camo, and work over textures
    - Been thinking hard on guns and turrets, adn last advice about giving them additional supports sounds just like what I need - hopefully, I'll work something out of it But quad guns are needed - they are like AA guns to shoot fast-moving targets (missiles and fighters)
    - Not sure about windows though - and I do not like seeing vitally important communications placed over the armor layer - so there's a lot to think over the good exterior details

within a couple of weeks, I'll probably have enough time to update it

Quote Originally Posted by Shnoze Shmon View Post
    Try more depth under the turrets. The mind says those are heavy parts and need enough structure under them for proper support. Extend the bottom so the nose and side turrets have about 3 times their height under them, add details including (previously mentioned) windows.

Lower the deck where the quad guns sit. They are crowding that big turret too much.
    Heavy? They're weightless in space! But, yes, they still have mass.
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------
    I build the best spaceships, the biggest spaceships, they're great, you'll love them.

Quote Originally Posted by shrox View Post
    Heavy? They're weightless in space! But, yes, they still have mass.
    Design one of those guns so it can turn around and blast the seat shrox is sitting in.