Thread: SE 2 loading slow

SE 2 loading slow

Just today when I load SE 2 it took a good 10 minutes just to load the program. Is there any maintenace that needs to be done.

Just be sure your system drive is defragmented, then goto SE Prefs and select do not remember last project or don't save on close. The only way it would take 10min. is if the program was finding all the parts of a project to load on the timeline. If you had no project and you can get it to repeat this long load time, you must have some programs running in the background, where SE is waiting for a clock tick to load. System Specs and OS would be needed to work on this more.

HTHelps
    GoodLuck KiloVideo

Digitizing video since 1984
    HyMPG Designer since 1997
    [email protected]

SE Load time

Thanks. Honestly I've just been cutting away like crazy, I should just make time to defrag. Thanks for the Pref settin tip.

Glad it worked for you, as I had the same issue in SE1.x and sounds like it was just doing all the cuts for you when trying to open. The save on exit can be left on, you just want it to start and ask you what project size, even though a project.VTP will change to whatever the VTP project was. This joining of 2 projects can be done, by opening a second running of SE, copy the timeline and past into the other running SE project if you did not know.
    GoodLuck KiloVideo

[email protected]

Just Tryin' To Help...
    Or just drag the "second" project file from the file bin to the Storyboard or Timeline to wherever you want it in the "active" project" and it will show up as a Subproject; right-click on it and select "Expand Subproject" toward the botttom of the dropdown menu. Save the new combined project and edit from there.
    SB Enterprises, Quincy, Illinois ~ in the backwoods of the US of A

If you have few hundred cuts in a single project, SE load it slow because SE need to scan each cuts. Also, icons on Stroyboard and timeline make SE refresh very slow. So, split a large project into smaller projects is the only way to speed up editing with SE.
    =============
    Chen Pan

[email protected]
    =============

did you upgrade flash or itunes...no no no no!
    TriCaster Mini Advanced Edition with NDI Camera, LightWave 11.5 + SpeedEDIT 4.2
    Music by www.soundtraxxmusic.com
    Available in The NewTek Store: https://store.newtek.com/index.php/content/soundtrack-bundle.htm

Guess you did not see my post Chen. Nice to see your post and confirmation anyway. Everyone should look in Add/remove programs, that QT/itoons update is not installed. Too easy to think you need a QT update, that can break newtek QT uses.

POV
    GoodLuck KiloVideo

[email protected]

LiveSet Making Machine joseburgos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by txiong View Post
    Just today when I load SE 2 it took a good 10 minutes just to load the program. Is there any maintenace that needs to be done.
    Just to be sure, you said when you launch SE2 or when you load a project?
    I took it as when you launch SE2 and if so, the last project has no bearing on it. The only bearing I know of is the media window you had open last and SE2 scanning for new files. Other than that, the last project you made before exiting SE2 is of no consequence as far as affecting the programing launching. 10 min or did you just mean a longer than normal time to load?

Another thing, as far as I know, is updating Flash and QT should also have no impact on SE2. The very worst that could happen would be a new QT version could possibly not be compatible with SE2. This so far has not been a factor ever since SE2 switched to using QT directly to display it's files.

People may be mistaking other versions of SE (SE 1 and/or SEVT) in there suggestions and mixing them up. Except Chen, he is dead on when you load a project that has a lot of cuts. It is way better in SE2 but SE still scans all the cuts before loading.

FYI: SE2 loads a little longer than previous versions on my system as well. Longer but not 10 min. that's for sure. If you time it and it takes longer than 1 min, call tech support to get them to narrow your problem down as it sounds like it is not a SE2 problem but you never know.

Take care,
    Jose Burgos
    NewTek Certified Trainer
    NewTek Certified on all TriCaster's
    NewTek Training & Certification Testing
    www.burgosfx.com
    FaceBook
    Twitter @NYTriCaster