Thread: .mov from 5d mk2 playback not smooth

.mov from 5d mk2 playback not smooth

Should .mov files playback on SE2 just as smooth as playing them back on the mac using quicktime player?
    I have some clips from a Canon 5dmk2 with the new firmware. and it will play smooth on the mac side, but on the pc side with SE it stutters pretty good.
    just wondering?
    If its free then it wont cost anything, right?

render

The files from the 5d and 7d are highly compressed variable bitrate mp4 in a mov wrapper.
    They even in fcp premiere and se tend to stutter.

In fcp render to prores and in SE render to the hq codec.

Enabling background render also works but the rendered out file composites much better as it is not a mp4.

Pete
    Pete Draves
    CV Productions
    Oak Creek, WI
    [email protected]

My question is why would they play nice in quicktime player on the mac but not on SE??

smooth

QT is native to mac.

Pete
    Pete Draves
    CV Productions
    Oak Creek, WI
    [email protected]

As well, simply playing a file back in a player, and working with it in an editor (where you need frame accurate scrubbing, for example) are really not the same thing at all - different challenges.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Oh thanks guys... i figured playing it would be the same... i can see scrubbing being different...
    so much for having a fast computer, still doesnt do much for me.. dual 2.8quad mac.