Thread: Save a list of objects

Newbie Member

Save a list of objects

Hi,

I am looking for a way to build a list of objects from a scene. The reason is I have found a very cool script that can replace all selected objects in a scene with said list and in a random fashion. This script seems custom made for what I wish to do excepting it requires a list of objects to function and I have no idea how to create this.

Any help with this would be most appreciated.

First post for me on this forum by the way.

I am using Lightwave 9.6 and the script is called: cp_replaceselected by chris peterson.

I haven't used that Lscript, but could a list of objects...actually be multiple selected objects.

eg..in the Scene editor, shift click on all the objects you want to replace and then run the LScript...would that work??

Kuzey

Newbie Member
    Hi Kuzey,

Thanks for replying! No, its a list that is read from a text file. But the good news is that I figured out how to create it. It was very easy after all, just dragging the objects from the finder onto into an empty txt file in text editor and saving it and that was it - all the objects were listed by their addresses and that was all that was needed for the script to work! So, happy days.

Thanks again!

plastopian