Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Two new plugins!

Hi gfx!

Remember las settings will be easy. I'll implement it as soon as I get a bit free time. I've also added just an option to preserve UV. With it, new points will inherit VMap info from points they come from. This info is simply copied, I don't make any interpolation of so (I think it lacks of sense).

However, this is not made interactively (since modifying UVs will require and additional undo), so values are copied once you press OK in the interface. I think there's no problem with this limitation. Also, with the option checked you'll need an addittional undo. This is a LScript limitation, although results are fine.

On the other hand, LScript does not include spinner controls for distance concrols. The only possible solution I've found is adding a couple of minislider controls in place and link them with the content of distance control values, or employ directly these kind of controls along with a choose units dropdown list (I don't like this last solution). The problem with the first solution is trying to guess the correct increase for the distance field when the minislider is increased one unit. I hope anyone could help me with this.

I also want to add the possibility of do profile bevel directly with background curves, with an option to control bevel subdivision interactively. This seems not too complicated.

Thas all folks! Your answers really encourage me

Sweet!!! Thanks for spending the time/effort on these, they're excellent. I'd second the comment that dragable arrows for the bevel input values would be good.

Newbie Member

Richard Richard

Is That Eddie Hitler from Bottom?

Yes it is

Originally posted by thekho
    Me too. Your both lscripts both froze and crashes my pc.
    Oh. i can uderstand thats why my pc crashed and frozed with your plug ins cos of this Lightwave 7.5. which didn't work with your plug ins after i read your notepad. You said this plug in will work in only Lightwave 7.5b or 7.5c.

Well, i don't want to upgrade 7.5 to 7.5c cos i heard about thats 7.5c has a lot of crashes and some plugins (www.flay.com) doesn't work with it as well.

Hi again

Your cool plug ins work fine in my other pc with LW 7.5c cos i have 2 computer, so i thought i try to upgrade 7.5c with my old pc and other new pc stay with LW 7.5.

Thank you

Newbie Member
    Mac user here - sadly these xtremely cool scripts won´t cut it on my Mac/7.5c. Get the dreaded "polygon-disappearing-out-to-space"-problem.
    Could someone who knows Richard Brak ask him to have a looksee on these scripts, cause they simply seem to good not be made available to the Jobs crowd.

Ninjaman

Hi.

I'm finishing my website now!

I will post here the last two versions of Jettobevel and jettofillet (this last finally interactive). They have been really enhanced, but I don't think the Mac issue gets solved.
    Always too busy!!!!!!

Sorry, I meant "I will post there"
    Always too busy!!!!!!

Nice work
    Some objects bevel weird, but both work okay on my Mac - OS X.3.3,LW[8]

Bevel weird?

It must be a Mac issue, since I have used the plugs for a long time and found no errors, at least if your geometry selection is bevelable, of course.

At least you can use it, since most Mac users got their computers freezed and so. Compiled plugins seem not to work properly on Mac, and I'm pretty sure this hasn't changed on LW8

Happy beveling!
    Always too busy!!!!!!

Yeah, I think it is a Mac issue.
    Looks like objects with volume have this type error.

Beveling on a plane works, and jettofillet is just wonderful on a Mac too

FYI, what happens on my Mac.
    "polygon-disappearing-out-to-space"
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by saburi; 05-25-2004 at 03:01 AM.

You can be sure it's a Mac issue, since examples like this where the most used when programing the tool and they have always worked fine. What seems most strange is the fact that the model you see in Layout (at least as seen from the picture) seems ok.

I have never got those "infinites edges", so can't imagine what are they due to.

Newtek should see that making compiled LScripts compatible with MAC is currently one of the main priorities, specially if we have in mind that one of the strong points of LW when compared with other fisrt class apps (XSI, Maya..., most of them unfortunately much more powerful than LW when programming the API, among other things) is its great community.

Hope we don't loss this in the future...
    Always too busy!!!!!!

How come the pictures for the JETTOBEVEL page on your web site don't display, but JETTOFILLET and JETTOLOCAL display fine?

Somewhere, over the rainbow....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123