Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Two new plugins!

haha missed that one

The reason I have compiled both plugins is simply for protecting hard-written code, as Kevman3d said.

I can't understant why do they freeze the computer (I use compiled versions too), as I have checked them along an obtained never this problem.

Currently the scripts check al possibilities (such as invalid polys, curves, etc...) so the reason for a crash must be an LScript issue. I will try updating to 7.5c and compiling again.

Cool thanks jagoca. Lscript does have some bugs on the Mac, such as not being able to 'Save' files.

It's not the script nor the mac that are the problem, just a very old and buggy operatingsystem "OS9" that is the bad guy here. I've tested those script on a mac running OSX, and it works great!

above the ecuator, then, on the right, but not too much
    Nice Work.!>

I remember another AutoCAD command called CHAMPFER (not sure) which included in your script if you set 1 at Segment input.

also interesting applications,...yes very useful.
    Well Done!

RESPECT!
    Last edited by zarti; 06-22-2011 at 07:47 AM.

The only problem I got is that it doesn't work bevel on non flat surfaces, every thing just screws up if I do that.

What do you exactly mean with non flat surfaces?
    JettoBevel needs poly normals to operate, however it should work with non planar polys. (Although tecnically non planar polys couldn't be beveled) If you could post a couple of picts I could get a better idea of the problem.

This is what I want, I want to know where does my script fail to work. Please report any problems or suggestions (I've just started with the VMap implementation, and I've a couple of ideas in mind...)

ok, I captured some images from my screen, hope this helps. I haven't done so much actually, just selecting the faces and executing the script, and this is what I get.

http://www.freewebs.com/clawie/1.jpg
    http://www.freewebs.com/clawie/2.jpg
    http://www.freewebs.com/clawie/3.jpg
    http://www.freewebs.com/clawie/4.jpg

(btw, you have to cut and paste the links in order to get it to work, I have a bad host)

mhhh....

Seems these LScripts don't work fine on mac, because these examples work perfectly on my computer. You can see it in the picts provided (there's an sphere, a cone and a box). I've also checked surfaces with non planar polys and all works around.

I don't know how to send picts that are located in my hard disk (as I don't have web page). You can be sure that my plugin works in all cases, this has been the main purpose along all his development. I've checked tons of geometries without any problems. As an additional info, I repeated the test with similar geometries on 3DSMAX at classes, an obtained exactly the same results (with the exception of rare cases that are not suported by my Script but also lack of sense). I don't know if it will fail in extremun weird geometries or so, but you can be sure that your results are a Mac issue. I will try with 7.5c an post again.

I can't get to a mac to check things myself, otherwise I will try with the non-compiled version and try to fix things.

Here macs are really unpopular (I have never see one, can you believe... )

Maybe it could be some micro differences in the mac version of lscript. Although I have never seen a script that behave like this on a mac. Are you using any CPU specific commands in the script?

Hope you fix the problem, the script looks very useful! Maybe I have to buy a PC to run it
    Last edited by claw; 09-10-2003 at 10:30 AM.

OK...SOMEONE needs to get this working for everybody. It runs fine on my machine (LW 7.5c) and is THE best free set of plugins of this type on the market (and better than many pay-plugins). Amazing!

Thank you!

I've tried it with all sorts of poly arrangements and they pretty much all work as expected. This is on the pc version of 7.5c.

I would like to see polys that cross on larger bevels have the crossing points (at the corners usually) merged together to keep the geometry clean (like bevel++ does), but that's not a bug per se, just a feature request

I take account of this feature!

mhh... I couldn't imagine that they where going to be so useful. I will try to do the merge stuff, although it can be more complicated than it seems.

Thanks for your interest and suggestion!

Hey! who said they are free!? If anyone using it doesn't send me 1$ he will go to hell, you can be sure. (For MACs there's a discount of 0.9$)

Hi Jagoca,

Thanx for the nice tools. I have been playing around with them for quite a while today and I like them very much. they are fast and reliable. The downside to them is that they once more depress me about LW's lack of development/ advancement especially in Modeler ;o). I suppose unless there is something really breathtaking in v8 even I (being very choosy about having to buy functions that should be in the core program) would be willing to shelve out some bucks. *sigh* They make a technical modeler's live sooo much more enjoyable.

Mylenium
    [Pour Mylène, ange sur terre]

Great job! These scripts are really excellent, specially the bevel one.

JettoFillet could be interactive tho, that would be real better.

Also can you change the gadgets to input "Shift" and "Inset" in JettoBevel to have arrows so we can change the values by just dragging the arrows, that would be better to work in interactive mode.

It would be nice if both scripts could remember the last settings used (just a basic preferences file in LightWave's config dir).
    Last edited by jb_gfx; 09-11-2003 at 05:26 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast