Thread: XD300 issues

XD300 issues

Purchased the XD300 in LA a few weeks ago and updated as soon as we set it up. We were working last night keying a subject into the Virtual Sets using the animated zoom function. The zoom box drops in over the input selectors but is cut off and will not colapse. Now we cannot change the inputs for A or B in the Virtual Set.

We have been on hold with NewTek all morning, trying to get some solutions, but have yet to talk to someone who can help (been on hold for over 20 minutes as I write this).

We have tried to restore the C: drive, but when we downloaded the update, the system protection was not on and so we have no restore point to reference for the system restore. I looked into ADD/REMOVE, there are two TriCaseter programs 1.1 gigs each. The first created on 12-12-09 and the second on 2-27-10, when we installed the update.

Any suggestions?

Garrett

Here is what our issue looks like.

What resolution are you sending to the monitor you are running XD300 on?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

You got it Steve. This was one of my clients and when he called this morning I didn't understand his problem. He made it sound like part of the virtual set panel was staying on when he wasn't in the virtual set panel or something. This is why I recommended he restore the drive. He phoned NewTek 3 times and got 3 different answers. I suspect they were equally confused as to what the problem was. I was teaching all day today and didn't get back to him until we took a lunch break.

Finally after a lot of questions I realized what was up ( I hadn't seen his post yet. ) and realized it was a screen resolution issue as well. He fixed it while we were on the phone and we all lived happily ever after.

Bob Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by bob anderson View Post
    You got it Steve.
    Uhuh ... now, can you guess how I knew what it was?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Always Learning

Screen Resolution

How about posting the "proper screen resolution" for others that don"t "rtfm" or have a manual handy!
    Ken

From the TCXD300 specs page:

"Minimum display resolution of 1280 x 1024 for 4:3, or 1440 x 900 for 16:9"
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

It's ALL about the light Paul Lara's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KWeaver View Post
    How about posting the "proper screen resolution" for others that don"t "rtfm" or have a manual handy!
    Ken
    Thanks, Ken. This has now been added to the online FAQ as well as the the TCXD300 specs tab on our web site.
    Don't stream it - TriCast it!