Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: RE: Lightwave CORE.

RE: Lightwave CORE.

So what is it with this new Core, Is it out there or not yet ?
    I heard none of the LW Tutorials Is going to work with Lw CORE.
    Is That True ?
    Simon

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    CORE is the next version - i.e. the future - of Lightwave.
    technically, this isn't true anymore right?

the future of lightwave is "Lightwave" right? Core is now just relegated with helper monkey status? or the third head of the triune lightwave... 3 apps that are one and indivisible yet distinct.... ?

jin

I would agree though, the future of Lightwave IS Lightwave. One way or another.
    it is NOW.... but you WERE right. when they announced it and even just last week, the right answer would have been:

"the future of lightwave is CORE".

but evidently not now.

jin

Please NewTek, close this thread and prohibit any others that just continue pointless debate. Been there, done that.
    Michael Borjon
    www.pixelcollab.com

Quote Originally Posted by CGI Addict View Post
    Please NewTek, close this thread and prohibit any others that just continue pointless debate. Been there, done that.
    touchy touchy.

jin

Nah, not really. It just seems that the same old stuff gets said over and over and over and over and over and ...

Everyone just go on a two month hiatus with regard to CORE and then let's come back and see how the guys at NT are doing? Cut them some slack just for two months and then go at again.

Deal?
    Michael Borjon
    www.pixelcollab.com

Since this thread already went that slippery slope way .

a) simonlion where the hell you been ?
    b) Jin' Easy Tiger ...
    c)Cgaddict "you can't shut down every thread that involves Core" although valid point
    d) Megladon it's not your position/call to instruct people what and what not people can read ,deal ?
    e) Im outta here ...............................

Quote Originally Posted by OnlineRender View Post
    Since this thread already went that slippery slope way .

a) simonlion where the hell you been ?
    b) Jin' Easy Tiger ...
    c)Cgaddict "you can't shut down every thread that involves Core" although valid point
    d) Megladon it's not your position/call to instruct people what and what not people can read ,deal ?
    e) Im outta here ...............................
    I been busy shooting video, and doing lots of editing, Iam back to my favorite program Lightwave. I just had a simple question, I dont know why some Guys argue with each other.. I personally have Lots of respect for this Forum, Its here to help each other.
    Thank you very much
    simon

Quote Originally Posted by simonlion View Post
    So what is it with this new Core, Is it out there or not yet ?
    I heard none of the LW Tutorials Is going to work with Lw CORE.
    Is That True ?
    Simon
    core is the next phase of development from newtek for 3d applications

'some' tutorials will work if they are lightwave 10 based

yes is he simple answer...of the 3 main apps Core is the new app and so works completly differently [it's a unified app] to modeler and layout in which case there will be NEW tutorials covering it, i've already made 20 or so videos using core over on the beta forum.
    stee+cat
    http://www.cresshead.com/

Q - How many polys?
    A - All of them!

Quote Originally Posted by jin choung View Post
    technically, this isn't true anymore right?

the future of lightwave is "Lightwave" right? Core is now just relegated with helper monkey status? or the third head of the triune lightwave... 3 apps that are one and indivisible yet distinct.... ?
    that was neither true or funny

Mate, seriously, you should try to reshape your unlimited sarcasm reserves and help shape of new LightWave, make your company buy CORE, and write few posts there.

EDIT: Last CORE build made me a fanboy, so what?!?!
    Last edited by Soth; 03-05-2010 at 06:04 AM.
    Cheers
    Tomek
    GarageFarm.NET
    The Cheapest Render Farm - 10,000 cores and growing!

Quote Originally Posted by Soth View Post
    that was neither true or funny
    go argue with chuck then.

to single out core OR lw legacy is to make an "artificial distinction". the product in its entirety is "Lightwave" and "Core" is just one part of an indivisible melange....

: )

jin

Quote Originally Posted by jin choung View Post
    go argue with chuck then.

to single out core OR lw legacy is to make an "artificial distinction". the product in its entirety is "Lightwave" and "Core" is just one part of an indivisible melange....

: )

jin
    Jin, just put a sock in it. You know Chuck is tip-toeing around a marketing issue and no matter what they call it or how much like a holy trinity it may seem that eventually the legacy code will fall back and all development hours will be pushed into core, eventually. It's this bumpy transition area where they've grooved the pavement and the lines have been scratched off that's a little confusing. But probably only for the initial rollout. Then they will slap the new road surface on and all will be clear again. Give them a break, they aren't going to cave to your constant jibba jabba. It's tiresome to read, for them... and for your loyal subjects.
    my personal company: http://www.elementvfx.com
    the people I've worked for: http://www.theembassyvfx.com

Well... at THIS point I don't know WHAT they will end up calling the final product - probably something like Lightwave CORE. But who knows? I think that even Newtek isn't sure what the final name will be.

I would agree though, the future of Lightwave IS Lightwave. One way or another.
    Maybe they will call it Lightwave Trinity or Tri-Wave when it's released. (just kidding of course)
    Threadripper 2990WX, X399 MSI MEG Creation, 64GB 2400Mhz RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

https://www.dynamicrenderings.com/

can we (non HC members) make a suggestion/petition? How about posting future videos or screenshots with a Lightwave theme? i mean, a light grey UI, short height buttons, icons disabled, etc.
    I think it'll help a lot with misconceptions about what lightwave, core, hc, with core technology, etc, will be...
    I feel, and i think i'm no the only one, that LW Core is just a whole different APP, i know it is, but i dont even recognize it as LW. Personally i'll love to see this "new version" with lightwave identity.

so... who's with me????

Well, the latest build of CORE we just got had a massive update, and there is some nice stuff in there.

So there all you naysayers!

UI / UX Designer @ NewTek

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast