Thread: Plus & minus controls in SE Filebin XD300

Plus & minus controls in SE Filebin XD300

In the TCXD300, what happened to the plus (+) and minus (-) controls for adding and deleting location shortcuts in the SpeedEdit Filebin? Please add them back to the interface.
    Wendell "Wink" Friesen
    Wink Audio Visual
    www.winkav.com

Hi Wink. There were a few last minute issues with that related to the way default folders are assigned in TCXD300 on launch. I'm pretty sure they'll be back; it just came down to a choice as to whether it was better to disable them than to answer all the questions about why they didn't work properly until it could be addressed properly.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Hi Steve, Thanks for the update. I sure hope NewTek will give the TCXD300 owners a complete, full version of SpeedEdit 2.0 in their $15K box. As a reseller it sure is a lot easier to train customers when there is essentially just one version of SE 2.0, not a "light" version like they have in the SD units.
    Wendell "Wink" Friesen
    Wink Audio Visual
    www.winkav.com

I'm a bit puzzled, Wink. You've seen TCXD300, right? That is a full version of SE2, albeit a few things are different (almost all benefits to the TCXD owner). Not sure what you have in mind ...
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

I have a demo unit TCXD300 and a copy of the new SE 2.0 software. Maybe that feature is the only thing different between the two, as I haven't had a chance to compare them extensively. It's possible that I incorrectly "assumed" they were different because of that missing option. I would be interested in a clarification of that from NT.
    Wendell "Wink" Friesen
    Wink Audio Visual
    www.winkav.com

Quote Originally Posted by Wink View Post
    I have a demo unit TCXD300 and a copy of the new SE 2.0 software. Maybe that feature is the only thing different between the two, as I haven't had a chance to compare them extensively. It's possible that I incorrectly "assumed" they were different because of that missing option. I would be interested in a clarification of that from NT.
    It's essentially the same.

There are some fairly subtle differences, largely related to support for the TCXD framebuffer and desktop setup, maybe a few other things ... trivial enough that we used a single manual with a few irrelevant bits (installation, registration, etc.) hidden in the TCXD pdf and vice versa.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Thanks Steve. I'll keep you posted if I run accross any other differences. Looking forward to chatting with you at NAB, should be a great show for NewTek!
    Wendell "Wink" Friesen
    Wink Audio Visual
    www.winkav.com

I think I owe you a
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator