Thread: Speed Edit Start Up Splash

Newbie Member

Speed Edit Start Up Splash

Good Morning Everyone,

Over the past week, when we fire up our VT5 system, our speed edit starts up with the "Open Project / Start New Project" splash.

With that -- sometimes we can click to open / start a new project, but most times, it freezes in that spot, and we're stuck pressing CTRL+VT to get out of the system.

I've looked in the preferences and have't found a way to disable that start up splash. Has anyone else enocountered this, and if so, do you have any solutions?

Thanks!

It can't be disabled afaik, but it sounds like there is an issue on pre-reading your recent projects list. I'd be looking for a place to delete that list - it's likely just an ascii text file. Tech Support might know, or someone here might off the top of their head (sorry, I'm swamped this am).
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

VT[2] Aficionado
    Quote Originally Posted by AMBVideo View Post
    Good Morning Everyone,

Over the past week, when we fire up our VT5 system, our speed edit starts up with the "Open Project / Start New Project" splash.

With that -- sometimes we can click to open / start a new project, but most times, it freezes in that spot, and we're stuck pressing CTRL+VT to get out of the system.

I've looked in the preferences and have't found a way to disable that start up splash. Has anyone else enocountered this, and if so, do you have any solutions?

Thanks!
    We didn't have the freezing, but we did have our SpeedEDIT-VT start acting like a standalone system for some reason because some part of the installation got broken. I never figured it out, though, and ended up just reinstalling the system during an upgrade to Vista. If somebody has an actual specific fix to it I'd be curious to know it as well.