Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SE 2.0 dual monitor support? (SE 2.0 crashing)

Nope - none at all. SE is the only app that has any problems at all. And, it only has problems when the 2nd monitor is connected. Otherwise it works fine.

Thanks!

Paul
    Learn Japanese @ Japancast.net - CLICK HERE to subscribe in iTunes right now!

I've got a GTX 260 too, and run dual monitors even with different resolutions and SE2 works here just fine. So it must be some kind of configuration issue on your end. I'll soak my brain and see if some good ideas come up that you can try
    Michael Englyst
    Lightwave 2018.0.2 on an i5-4430S @ 2.7 GHz · 12 GB RAM · Windows 10 Pro

Here's a straw grasp, but perhaps its with your PSU....I've seen all sorts of irregular behavior from underpowered systems. If you want to entertain this idea, try entering your system specs into a power supply calculator like this: http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp and see if your PSU specs are up to the task for the components of the system.

Just a thought...and fyi I run 3 monitors with SE 2.0 and have not seen issues either.

I've run the DirectX Diagnostic tool and it shows all DirectX features enabled on both monitors.

The only difference I can see is that the 2nd monitor is running the stock Generic PnP monitor driver.

Paul

The driver config panels host a battery of tweaks. Is is everything in yours set to defaults, or are you running a special profile for any reason (such as being better for LW )?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Everything is set to default. No other piece of software displays any problems at all. I can play video with no problems on either monitor with other software.

So far it's limited only to SE.

Quote Originally Posted by paulrus View Post
    Everything is set to default.
    Well, you've got me stumped at this point. Maybe John can arrange for you to run a debugger version, but I'm not really sure something like this would show up. As no-one else seems to have the same issue, it has to be some local condition that is a bit out of the ordinary, but I'm baffled as to what. Same thing happen if you switch your monitor cables from left to right, making the one that is usually on the right the primary?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

I just swapped the monitor cables and get the same results. I also tried lowering the resolution of the displays to 720p versus the current 1920x1200, but still no change.

Paul

an idea

I have a weird idea and a possible solution to try.
    Could you post a screen shot of your monitor display?
    Could not hurt.
    Pete
    Pete Draves
    CV Productions
    Oak Creek, WI
    [email protected]

Here's a screen grab of SE2. The screen stays black no matter what I do. If I roll over thumbnails in my library, they do play - but if I try to double click a clip on the timeline, it locks up SE and I have to kill the task.

I also don't think it's the power supply. This is a Dell XPS 710 with a QX6700 processor - it came with SLI cards - I've replaced the 2 cards with a single GTX 260, so I would think there's actually the same or less power being used now.

Thanks for all the help!!

Paul
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SE2_2DisplayProblem.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	503.9 KB 
ID:	81966  

I suppose it doesn't make any difference if you run the Video Output monitor at less than ' maximized'. I have a much lesser gfx card on my laptop and run twin 24's off it at 1920x1200, so yours should certainly be capable of fullscreen.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Nope - I've even made the window small enough to fit on the single monitor - no change at all.

Dual display

What you have works fine with some aps.

Right click the empty desktop, left click "properties", select settings. Hi-lite (select) your second monitor. At the bottom right of the window select "advanced", then select the top tab that has your geforce model. Now select the NVidea control panel. Select display and then setup multiple displays. The choice you want is "as one large horizontal display.
    This is the full featured way to setup dual head with all the power of the display card for your programs.

Hope this helps
    Pete
    Pete Draves
    CV Productions
    Oak Creek, WI
    [email protected]

The options I have are to either duplicate displays or extend desktop. I have it set to extend desktop.

Very frustrating.

If both your Desktop and Video Output monitor are on your primary screen, does the same thing happen?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast