Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: First SpeedEdit2 impressions

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dufusyte View Post
    We are expecting the bug fixes to be released as a final patch for SpeedEdit 1.x because it would be cruel and unusual not to release a final patch for SE 1.x.

And we know Newtek is a great company that takes care of its customers, especially the 1.x customers.
    Hmm.

The fact that they didn't do that straight after the release of SE2 makes you think if NT have ANY intention of doing it.

I don't know if it's usual for that to wait this long, but to wait near enough 2 months for a final patch when they were done ages ago, seems odd to me.

I guess they have their reasons.

Shabazzy
    Last edited by Shabazzy; 02-24-2010 at 09:04 AM. Reason: repeated my signature

Quote Originally Posted by Dufusyte View Post
    We are expecting the bug fixes to be released as a final patch for SpeedEdit 1.x because it would be cruel and unusual not to release a final patch for SE 1.x.

And we know Newtek is a great company that takes care of its customers, especially the 1.x customers.
    I can not speak for NT on this...but most other companies say "to get the fixes upgrade..."

That includes, AVID, Apple, Adobe, Autodesk, etc.

I can understand that you don't want to upgrade...but the reality is that SE2 has the fixes along with additional features.

Try purchasing previous versions of software from other companies.

My suggestion is get SE2...there are so many helpful reasons for it...it will pay for itself with the first project...both with time saving features and fixes.

You've made yourself clear of what you want and expect from NT.
    I would suggest talking with them directly rather than post here.

You won't get the resolution you want that way.
    Be prepared that the resolution is to upgrade to SE2.

Cheers,
    Last edited by radams; 02-24-2010 at 10:07 AM.
    Ray Adams
    FX and Production Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by radams View Post
    most other companies say "to get the fixes upgrade..."
    Regarding other companies, most of the other software I use for production has received 10 times the amount of (free) fixes and updates during the past two years than SpeedEdit 1.x has.

That is why I am sure Newtek is waiting to release one big free fix at the end of this long wait. Goodness knows they wouldn't just abandon their 1.x customers. I'm shocked - shocked - at the very suggestion.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234