Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The elephant in the room

As a VT5 user, I am very happy to know that Newtek has not stopped development on the VT5 and will even be releasing a full update in the near future.

I was scared that once the XD300 was released that the VT5 would be dropped like a hot potato. Now I feel much better!

Thanks!

-David

Quote Originally Posted by davedude View Post
    As a VT5 user, I am very happy to know that Newtek has not stopped development on the VT5 and will even be releasing a full update in the near future.

I was scared that once the XD300 was released that the VT5 would be dropped like a hot potato. Now I feel much better!

Thanks!

-David
    Unfortunately from John's comments it sounds like this not a huge update one that just has a win7 driver and some updates for speededit-vt. It's not clear what the differences are between the new speededit-vt and speededit2. I'd really would love to hear official word from Newtek what plans they have for vt5 this is long overdue.

It appears the only hardware upgrade path is to the tri-caster line ...
    I for one hate "standardized hardware" it just means I'm always limited by what newtek decides to put under the hood.

We constantly upgrade motherboards, processors, videocards, storage all the time to take advantage of the latest tech. I'm really disappointed that newtek has turned into apple.

The old days of newtek being the only one with real-time etc.. are long gone.. Fortunately there are many players now.

Since vt is dead, I'd love to see newtek offer a way for us to add the tricaster hardware to our own boxes or at least give the vt5 software an update that greatly expands it's capabilities and fixes the many bugs.
    Also even a vt-sd card that works in a pci-express slot would be great.

-Daniel
    view3d.tv

VT[2] Aficionado
    In working with VT, it just occurred to me - people who install and use SE2 on their VT machine will no longer be able to load those projects into DDRs, correct? DDR loadable projects would still have to be created in SE-VT, yes? Since VT[5.3] doesn't actually add SE2 features, I'm guessing it won't be allowing for that capability.

It's ALL about the light Paul Lara's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KHS-TV View Post
    it just occurred to me - people who install and use SE2 on their VT machine will no longer be able to load those projects into DDRs, correct? DDR loadable projects would still have to be created in SE-VT, yes?
    Yes, since the capabilities have changed so much, it is not possible to load a SpeedEDIT 2 project into SE-VT or VT[5] DDR.
    Don't stream it - TriCast it!

Chroma key

Try http://fxhome.com/compositelab-pro

It gives very good results even with DV, The auto-key is excellent though everything has to be rendered.
    raymond

If (whenever this happens) we can get a keyer as good as the new LiveMatte in TCXD300, I am quite certain people will be very happy with it. It's easy to use, and does a very nice job indeed.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

i definitely like the idea of separating vt and se, especially the idea of not having to start up the whole vt software to edit a video, and the fact that it will be easier for you guys to update (better for everyone involved!).

but is there any idea of when this will happen?
    when will se-vt stop being updated?
    can we upgrade to standalone speededit now?
    if not, then when?

We're testing what I assume to be the last stability update for SE-VT right now (in VT5.3)

You can update to SE2.0 now if you like. VT5 owners are eligible for upgrade pricing even through our online store.
    John Perkins
    Software Engineer

"No, it's my natural color..."

When can we expect VT5.3 to be available?

We're shooting for next week, but we'll see.

It's in testing for a reason.
    John Perkins
    Software Engineer

"No, it's my natural color..."

Will the VT update still allow Bob's Plugins to work with it or has VT version of speed edit changed so much that the plugins will not work? Just want to know, I really need his muticam and Lightwave connect. Are these things that Newtek are working on to include in the program.

VT[2] Aficionado
    Quote Originally Posted by gymcoach View Post
    Will the VT update still allow Bob's Plugins to work with it or has VT version of speed edit changed so much that the plugins will not work? Just want to know, I really need his muticam and Lightwave connect. Are these things that Newtek are working on to include in the program.
    Yeah, I've got a similar question. [5.3] will maintain addon compatibility since it's just a minor update, right? (In our case, I'm wondering specifically about Scheduler.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12