Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: james cameron kills a man! wow!

I only saw the regular version but still want to see the 3D version. Am I staring death in the face by doing so?

Quote Originally Posted by jin choung View Post
    what utter stuff n nonsense...was it written by women?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Zc9uUEmcJ8
    stee+cat
    http://www.cresshead.com/

Q - How many polys?
    A - All of them!

I suffer from the flashing lights thing etc, so I better stay away from 3d, don't want to be a statistic!
    i7 920 2.8Ghz, 12GB OCZ Gold, Gigabyte X58A-UD3R, Nvidia 250 GTS, Cheiftec A-135 750W, Zalman Z7
    Core 2 duo E6600 2.4Ghz, 8GB Corsair Dominator, Gigabyte GA-965P-DQ6, CiT PSU, Quadro FX4500

How did they even find this out? Did his family go to the newspapers and scream that Avatar Killed him?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I agree, the key point here is that he had a pre-condition. It's not like the film made a completely healthy man die.
    if your a ultra heavy smoker your not gonna go freediving are you....

survival of the fittest in action...nothing more...move along move along
    stee+cat
    http://www.cresshead.com/

Q - How many polys?
    A - All of them!

Quote Originally Posted by dsol View Post

I found this gem on wikipedia:
    1989: Ole Bentzen, a Danish audiologist, died of laughter while watching the movie A Fish Called Wanda. His heart rate went between 250-500 beats per minute and eventually succumbed to cardiac arrest.

I can sympathize. I about died laughing watching that movie and still almost do every time I watch it again. One of these days...

Quote Originally Posted by IMI View Post
    I can sympathize. I about died laughing watching that movie and still almost do every time I watch it again. One of these days...
    That movie has potential, for sure...any chance to have it translated into korean?

I hear kim il (whatever, leader of northkorea) loves movies...

To be honest there is something quite fishy about this story...
    This was run on a chinese newspaper, and there is no way to verify the source.

Also, diint China told FOX that the 3D version of Avatar had to be pulled becuase of a Confucius film?

And wouldnt it be in their interest to create a "health scare" with the 3D version of the film?
    This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government, CG Networks or CGTALK.com. The opinions expressed on this posting are on my own volition.

Javis Jones: Night Crew geothefaust's Avatar
    I actually get seriously bad head aches from 3D films. When I was watching Coraline in 3D, I got the worst headache I've ever had, and nothing I could do would stop it. It finally went away the next day after lots of sleep, ibuprofen and alcohol.

I wont be watching another 3D movie that's for sure.

Anyway I can see this actually happening to someone, but, in this case I suppose without verifiable evidence... We'll never know.

Jin, the title of this thread is effing hilarious. I laughed when I saw it and then read the article, lol.

Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Fatal laughter, what a way to go if any, LOLOLOLOLLeurgh, arrrrrrgh, LOL .... bump.
    Not directly related, but this reminded me of a great scene in Ken Kesey's Sometimes a Great Notion where a character dies laughing.

James Cameron, a director so mean he once killed a man who watched his movie. With his movie.

- Will.
    "All those with Psychokinesis, raise my hand."
    - The Doctor.
    The Room With No Doors
    by Kate Orman.

Quote Originally Posted by geothefaust View Post
    I actually get seriously bad head aches from 3D films...
    Yup. Up was my first. Avatar will likely be my last.

Quote Originally Posted by geothefaust View Post
    Jin, the title of this thread is effing hilarious. I laughed when I saw it and then read the article, lol.
    thank you... dialectical humor was the intent.

jin
    Last edited by jin choung; 01-21-2010 at 04:36 PM.

it was kinda funny, in a way...
    strange how different people react, i sat darn close to the screen, and the screen was HUGE, saw it in realD too,... but nope, sometimes i had to remind myself "erik, you ARE watching 3D"

i wish the effect was greater. somehow.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

What funny is how most people aren't asking question about this new technology before they strap it on and ride it out for a couple hours.

I, myself, and lots of my friends have written it off due to headaches, upset stomachs, and more...

Doesn't matter which type of 3D it was either...

Fact is that it wasn't fully tested before being thrown at the public, but oh well... jokes and comments about the weak abound.

Same thing happens with new drugs until you hear about how it's got some long term affects and you've been on it. :P
    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
    - Thomas A. Edison

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast