Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stream through Ustream.tv

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Stream through Ustream.tv

Hello all,

I am trying to use our new tricaster for web streaming and have created a Ustream channel and I have setup the tricaster according to this video's instructions: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/1452173

I tried going to my other computer to launch the broadcast but I do not see the live video that my tricaster is showing me. I am trying to figure out if I have done something wrong on the tricaster end or if there is something on the Ustream TV end.

Anyone used Ustream to go live to the web? Is the video link above accurate to anyone reading this?

Thanks for the time.

VGlong4

Question Update to my Question>>>>>

I have been able to get my live stream to Ustream but now I do not see my camera feed appearing in my mock up web page holding my ustream channel. When I log into Ustream to see my broadcast feed from there I see nothing but black but it does say I am broadcasting.
    I guess I am partly there.

Anyone here used Ustream for web streaming from TriCaster?

Yes, it's not as straight forward as it seems. Once your Tricaster is streaming, go to your second computer and log in to ustream.com. Once logged in hit the big "Broadcast Now" button in ustream and your "what are you broadcasting" window should come up. In that window you'll see whether the Tricaster signal has been located and the streaming video should appear. Then you have to click the "start broadcasting" button in that window before you're actually online to the www. Once you see that you're online then go to your show address to see the actual stream.

I've only done this, myself, three times. I figure I'd better practice the proceedure before offering the service to any of my clients. Yesterday, however, I couldn't get my Tricaster to stream. So I couldn't broadcast. I still don't know why this happened so I'll be trying it again today. The first time I streamed and went into broadcast mode I got choppie video. The second and third attempts I got good response but the streaming quit at ustream.com after about two hours and I couldn't get ustream.com to see my stream from the Tricaster after that. So I'm a little gun shy right now in offering the service to my clients.
    Last edited by bbailey; 01-05-2010 at 08:49 AM.

Streaming is working.

Thanks for the response. I am now able to stream through Ustream.tv. Turns out that I was not telling the TriCaster that my camera was there to begin with.

I do have some questions about Ustream.tv. Have or do you use them for web streaming? It seems to be working but it looks like Ustream does not allow for you or I to take out their logo and links to other related channels. Something I do not want my clients to have to see. It should be my clients web channel.

I might have to go back to using LiveStream.

Ustream is a free streamer and uses advertisers to pay for the usage.

I finally figurd out why I couldn't stream yesterday with my Tricaster. I had to generate a new xml file and right now I'm streaming to ustream under www.ustream.tv/channel/tgp-stream. I'm going to see how long it will stream before shutting down.

What is LiveStream and what do you think about it?

NewTek System Integrator PIZAZZ's Avatar
    Texas, or wherever the plane drops me off this week
    I would suggest checking out the Watershed side of Ustream. Their pricing can't be beat for a non ad supported CDN.

http://watershed.ustream.tv
    Jef Kethley
    PIZAZZ
    www.pizazz.com

Using:
    All models of TriCasters + 3Play, IPSeries
    Panasonic UB300 4k cams
    Tactical Fiber/converters, SDI2NDI converters, NDI-Viewfinder, and NDI2HDMI

I have been streaming 24/7 to Ustream on my "OFNA Live channel" or http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ofna-live

I have been building up many clips that sit into the DDR playlist and are looping. The loop is about 2.5 hours and has been running fine with only a few breaks caused by the DSL or Ustream. I can tell if a break occurs because the viewer counter resets. Please note, that 24/7 auto-stream restarts is only possible because I do not use the second computer or opening the Ustream Console to setup the broadcast. If you use the recommended method you will have intermittent broadcast or stops. But, note the Ustream console is the only way to record the same clips into the Ustream clip library.

I have found that the most constant broadcast (24/7) solution is to simply setup the flash rtmp and id and remove the "offair" wording at the end. Doing this truly allows the TC to run unattended streaming for days and I don't even interrupt the broadcast stream when I record another clip. But, I have scene using untested clips made from outside the TC system, my apple, can cause bin errors that bring the whole-thing down, so I reset the TC when ever clips like this are tested. I know there is reasons for this but I don't want to get into it now.

I hope this is helpful for those newbe's to the TC system and want to get started quickly.
    OFNADAVE
    Using TriCaster Studio
    Broadcasting 24/7
    http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ofna-live

I can attest to this. If you get rid of the "offair" then you will have no need to use the Ustream control panel when you start streaming.

Quote Originally Posted by ofnadave View Post
    I have been streaming 24/7 to Ustream on my "OFNA Live channel" or http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ofna-live

I have been building up many clips that sit into the DDR playlist and are looping. The loop is about 2.5 hours and has been running fine with only a few breaks caused by the DSL or Ustream. I can tell if a break occurs because the viewer counter resets. Please note, that 24/7 auto-stream restarts is only possible because I do not use the second computer or opening the Ustream Console to setup the broadcast. If you use the recommended method you will have intermittent broadcast or stops. But, note the Ustream console is the only way to record the same clips into the Ustream clip library.

I have found that the most constant broadcast (24/7) solution is to simply setup the flash rtmp and id and remove the "offair" wording at the end. Doing this truly allows the TC to run unattended streaming for days and I don't even interrupt the broadcast stream when I record another clip. But, I have scene using untested clips made from outside the TC system, my apple, can cause bin errors that bring the whole-thing down, so I reset the TC when ever clips like this are tested. I know there is reasons for this but I don't want to get into it now.

I hope this is helpful for those newbe's to the TC system and want to get started quickly.

So, how do you initialize the stream if you don't use the second computer and the ustream console?

Talking New CDN for anyone on low budget.

I know many of you are using Ustream but if you have a client that needs their own look on the web stream channel then I would suggest looking at:

http://www.audiovideoweb.com/index.php

I have an account with this cdn and the price is great! they provide you with the "push" information.

I am curious if I will be able to push around or through my clients firewall. They are using Baracuda or something. Any have experience with getting around a firewall withe push setting in TriCaster? Per the manual we are able to get around the firewall with the push option.

Thanks.

I tried it by removing the "offair" and clicking stream on my Tricaster then oppening my "tgp-stream" ustream show that I'd previously set up and poof, there it was. It seemed to look more stable than when I use the console to broadcast. By not using this method, you say the stream will interrupt but this method won't?

Keep it going and see what your reliability will be!
    OFNADAVE
    Using TriCaster Studio
    Broadcasting 24/7

Ustream -lag time fix?

Hi folks:
    I have been successful with using Ustream for live streams and recording clips for clients.

Until this week that is. This week I have been unable to get a steady signal out to Ustream. My signal is minutes behind and gives stuttery starts and stops to the stream.

Is this an internet problem or am I doing something wrong in the tricaster??

BTW - I'll give the OFFAIR delete a shot as well.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by vdmc View Post
    Hi folks:
    I have been successful with using Ustream for live streams and recording clips for clients.

Until this week that is. This week I have been unable to get a steady signal out to Ustream. My signal is minutes behind and gives stuttery starts and stops to the stream.

Is this an internet problem or am I doing something wrong in the tricaster??

BTW - I'll give the OFFAIR delete a shot as well.

Thanks in advance.
    I get the stutter output streaming sometime myself. I have always cleared it by resetting my Tricaster. The first symptom for me is audio sync problem and then stuttering video.

So, when I see this I go for the reset and clean it up. I have only seen this event two times in 60 days and always feel it is caused by me pushing the CPU usage by liveset recording sessions and DDR's 1&2 usage.

Thanks for the input!
    OFNADAVE
    Using TriCaster Studio
    Broadcasting 24/7

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast