Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Speed Modeling Challange #70 - Tribute to Stargate-SG1

Post Speed Modeling Challange #70 - Tribute to Stargate-SG1

Speed Modeling Challenge #70 - Tribute to Stargate-SG1!
    Rules:

1. Every week there will be a subject for you to model along with a time limit. You should spend no longer than the allocated time, then post a render of your model. As in most challenges like this, your honesty on modelling times is essential. How you interpret the brief is up to you as long as the final model conforms to what is asked for.
    2. Post a render of your model (min 800x600 pixels) in this thread with a wireframe.
    3. LightWave should be used for modelling. 3rd party Plug ins are allowed.
    4. You can enter as many times as you like, posting each in this thread. If you run over the time, the model can still be posted but won't be subject to the judging.
    5. Time spent on texturing, setting up a scene for a render and rendering is not included in the allocated period.

**Please mention whether or not you would be happy to share the model.**

Lightwave Speed Modeling Group

This week's topic: Tribute to Stargate-SG1!

Hope you all share the thought that the original series was the most influential. I kind of miss that series and her characters. So.. a tribute to a complete new franchise that started about 13-14 years ago.
    Anything goes and try to keep the original thought of the series (technical, funny, military, scifi, etc..) If you have no inspiration for SG-1 then go for Atlantis or SG-Universe.

Time Limit - 60 minutes.

Deadline - Friday 8th of January 2010 - 2200 hrs GMT
    “It's amazing the way people cling to insults. Or what they think are insults.”

Javis Jones: Night Crew geothefaust's Avatar
    Awesome one man. I love SG-1. It's has quite literally taken over my #1 favorite show. I simply wont be able to resist joining this challenge!

How Old? Really? Aww Heck colkai's Avatar
    SG-1 was our fav. show for a long time, plus it had Amanda Tapping in it as a bonus!
    Have to have a thinky on this.
    Too old to die young.

Kewl! Looking forward to your entry!

Quote Originally Posted by geothefaust View Post
    Awesome one man. I love SG-1. It's has quite literally taken over my #1 favorite show. I simply wont be able to resist joining this challenge!

Now that you mention it.. I'm also wondering what to do.. There is so much, yet it has to be done right to make it convincing.. lol
    Ow.. although we always keep the thread clean of nudity, I will make an exception if ya create a nice Amanda model

Quote Originally Posted by colkai View Post
    SG-1 was our fav. show for a long time, plus it had Amanda Tapping in it as a bonus!
    Have to have a thinky on this.

Quote Originally Posted by chco2 View Post
    Now that you mention it.. I'm also wondering what to do.. There is so much, yet it has to be done right to make it convincing.. lol
    Ow.. although we always keep the thread clean of nudity, I will make an exception if ya create a nice Amanda model
    Heh, chance of me modelling anything organic ...Zero, I just never got around to it.
    Could take a cop out and model one of the communication stones, that'd take all of 3 mins.
    Too old to die young.

hehe..

I'm thinking Replicators

I can probably do the metal thingy on that guy's head.

Probably best if I research better!

We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we cannot have both.
    ─Supreme Court Justice Louis D Brandeis

Replicator

Took about 30min of modeling and about an hour of getting surfacing and lightning right. Render for these images apr. 2 min each.

And the wire:

lol still not used to the fact it is 2010

looks awsome. well I would love to do this one. but my system has destroyed most of my ram yet again. and im running on 1gig. hopefully ill get some new ram soon. and I also updated my system to win7 pro 64bit so I think I have to get a new serial key.
    Oobievision

thanks!
    Lol.. seems you need a complete new PC

Quote Originally Posted by oobievision View Post
    looks awsome. well I would love to do this one. but my system has destroyed most of my ram yet again. and im running on 1gig. hopefully ill get some new ram soon. and I also updated my system to win7 pro 64bit so I think I have to get a new serial key.

update list

Iain, could you update the Speedmodeling forumtopic? Last two are missing..
    Thanks!

Got an idea, gonna see if I can tackle a DHD
    Too old to die young.

This is a couple of years ago, but still thought I'd share this He actually had it tongue in my ear :S

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast