Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LWCAD Wall Tool crashes 9.6

Witty tagline coming soon cohominous's Avatar

LWCAD Wall Tool crashes 9.6

I'm running LW 9.6 32 bit version (build 1539) with LWCAD 3 UB. Without fail, every time I use the wall tool, LW crashes.

Has anyone else experienced this, or even better - has anyone got a solution?

Shoot off an email to Viktor he will probably fix it for you. Im on PC and works fine but had some problems in the beta stages with Fences etc
    Dell XPS 15
    15.6-inch (3840 x 2160) 4K 282ppi IPS LCD
    Intel i7 7700HQ 2.8GHz
    Windows 10 64Bit
    NVidia GeForce GTX 1050
    1TB SDD
    32Gb Ram

LightWave 2020

Very nice Laptop

Had the same issues (with LWCad and 9.6 on Mac)) and Viktor tried very hard to resolve to no avail. I've now got a LWCad license that is now useless. I decided not to upgrade to 3 based on this issue. Recently purchased Modo 401 which does most of what LWCad can do.

2.5 still continues to work fine in 9.3 but I rarely use it now that I've got Modo.

Hope you get some help.
    Michael Borjon
    www.pixelcollab.com

Newbie Member
    Hi,

I had the same problem a short while back, problem is I can't remember exactly how I fixed it. I can't remember if there is some sort of settings file that can be deleted, or maybe I just reinstalled the plugin, it was along those lines.

If I remember correctly I had a similar problem with the roof tool, crashed whenever i tried to use it, but fixed in the same way.

Peter

cohominous, are you using LWCAD 3.0, 3.1, or 3.5? And are you running LW UB or PPC?

With OS X 10.5.8, LW 9.6 UB (build 1539), and LWCAD 3.5 I do not experience the issue you've described.

I was able to repeat a crash with a LWCAD tool in the 9.6 Open Beta while having the Numeric panel open, but that's the only issue I've run into as of yet with LWCAD.

I experienced some random crashes with Wall tool using LWCAD 3 when it was released. In 3.5 I have no crashes from Wall tool, but Trim and Bool is kind of tricky..
    3D Generalist
    Threadripper 2920x, 128GB, RTX 2080 Ti, Windows 10

Witty tagline coming soon cohominous's Avatar
    BigHache, I'm running LWCAD 3.0 in LW UB under OS X 10.4.11

I guess I'll try updating to 3.5

I'll keep you posted

LWCAD 3.5 requires OS X 10.5 or higher. Try the 3.1 updater and let us know.

Sinner Saved by Grace Larry_g1s's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CGI Addict View Post
    Recently purchased Modo 401 which does most of what LWCad can do.
    Uh, not hardly. Just because it has snapping and wall tool, doesn't count as "most of what LWCAD" can do. But considering you didn't get to dive in to LWCAD, for the reason's you stated, I can see why you'd think that.

I can't speak for the Mac version of LWCAD 3.5, but on the PC end, this has by far been the most stable version of LWCAD to date. For those that are having trouble with anything earlier then that version, I'd highly recommend updating/upgrading.
    Larry Vasquez | Genesis One Studios | company showreel

Someday, I will be a CG animator (student at iAnimate.net).

I'm referring to v2.5 exclusively. Haven't tried latest versions but looking at v3.5 I can seriously agree with you Larry. I am reluctant to drop more cash only to have it not work, as I stated in my earlier post Viktor did the best he cold to try a fix for me to avail. He couldn't re-issue me clean license and so I'm stuck with a nice app (plug-in) that doesn't work.

That coupled with other frustrations in LW had me looking at Modo 401. I love working in it but I'm not trying to start another app vs. app war. Modo takes care of what LWCad 2.5 was doing for me. 3.5, now that's another story, it looks extremely worthwhile so long as it works properly on a Mac.

Anyone have videos showing what 3.5 is capable of? I didn't see anything on the wTools site.
    Last edited by CGI Addict; 12-17-2009 at 12:16 PM.
    Michael Borjon
    www.pixelcollab.com

I'm referring to v2.5 exclusively. Haven't tried latest versions but looking at v3.5 I can seriously agree with you Larry. I am reluctant to drop more cash only to have it not work, as I stated in my earlier post Viktor did the best he cold to try a fix for me to avail. He couldn't re-issue me clean license and so I'm stuck with a nice app (plug-in) that doesn't work.

That coupled with other frustrations in LW had me looking at Modo 401. I love working in it but I'm not trying to start another app vs. app war. Modo takes care of what LWCad 2.5 was doing for me. 3.5, now that's another story, it looks extremely worthwhile so long as it works properly on a Mac.

Anyone have videos showing what 3.5 is capable of? I didn't see anything on the wTools site.
    I gotcha. That's why I said, your comment was understandable based upon the limited usability you had with LWCAD. And like I also said, my estimate of 3.5's amazing stability is based on PC version not a Mac. So it'd be nice to see what Mac users of 3.5 would have to say.

Here is a link to some of the new features in 3.x & 3.5 from the site: http://www.wtools3d.com/manual/manual3/

Thanks for link! I read that Viktor may be implementing LWCad for Modo in the future. That would be great news if it turns out.
    Michael Borjon
    www.pixelcollab.com

Thanks for link! I read that Viktor may be implementing LWCad for Modo in the future. That would be great news if it turns out.
    Where did you read that? Having spoke with him enough, not only have I not got any indication of that, but an conversation in that realm have all been quite the opposite of porting LWCAD to any competing application.
    That and from what I understand Modo doesn't have much of an SDK & he's already committed to produce LWCAD for Core.
    Last edited by Larry_g1s; 12-17-2009 at 12:53 PM.

Here's the quote from a fellow Modo user:

Great stuff ! (referring to LWCad)

absolutely worth to have a close look at.
    - additional freedom ... for those who like (plugIn)

It seems it made a lot of LW-users very happy.

Those functions are not only useful for the friends of architectural modelling or design conception...

It would bridge the advantages of CAD functions to those of modo.
    No more need to switch and import/export between modo and 2D/3D-Cad,Illustrator, Sketchup, FormZ, Rhino, SolidWorks etc.
    for some of us.

Hopefully before modo 501 !

BTW:
    I had a chat with Victor from vtools3D:
    He told me he is developing LWCAD4 at the moment,
    but might consider porting it to another application after this...
    This quote was from back in October. I know it's hardly a concrete yes it's going to Modo, but the guy did have the conversation. You never know, it would be great to have it.
    Michael Borjon
    www.pixelcollab.com

Here's the quote from a fellow Modo user:

This quote was from back in October. I know it's hardly a concrete yes it's going to Modo, but the guy did have the conversation. You never know, it would be great to have it.
    Well from a Modo users standpoint, it'd be great. It's an amazing plug-in. Being as that was Oct. I know it was before Viktor got to use the Core SDK, and he said he's very excited about Core now.

But even if he wanted to, how would he still do it with out a real SDK in Modo?

EDIT: who was that quoted from?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast