Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LWCAD Wall Tool crashes 9.6

He doesn't give his name, he's from Germany is all that I know of.
    Michael Borjon
    www.pixelcollab.com

Sinner Saved by Grace Larry_g1s's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CGI Addict View Post
    He doesn't give his name
    Larry Vasquez | Genesis One Studios | company showreel

Someday, I will be a CG animator (student at iAnimate.net).

Quote Originally Posted by Larry_g1s View Post
    Well from a Modo users standpoint, it'd be great. It's an amazing plug-in. Being as that was Oct. I know it was before Viktor got to use the Core SDK, and he said he's very excited about Core now.

But even if he wanted to, how would he still do it with out a real SDK in Modo?
    Modo's built-in preset capabilities, esp. mesh assemblies, etc. make things like auto-wall generation, windows, etc. approach what's possible with LWCAD, right out of the box. Modo also has most of the snapping functionality built into it. LWCAD is more flexible, no question, and the way the tools are integrated would take a bunch of scripting and tuning to emulate in Modo, but I'm pretty sure Viktor could provide most of the same benefits of LWCAD just by scripting and tuning the existing functionality. NURBS features aren't available in Modo, but excluding them, it still seems like the goal of LWCAD as a package is doable in Modo today without needing an SDK.

Then again, perhaps that's the point: LWCAD's UI, etc. could be replicated in Modo without requiring an SDK, or at least a significant enough portion of LWCAD's features to be commercially viable as a product. He could release a "Modo ArchViz Library" (think akin to Lux's "Splash Kit" or Car Surface Library), and it would still be something users would buy -- I know I would.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry_g1s View Post
    EDIT: who was that quoted from?
    The answer you received to this pretty much says it all.

Hmm...still, the idea is kind of interesting...
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.5 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),64GB RAM, NV 980ti

As for myself, I'm using LWCAD 3.5 on a mac UB, and I didn't find it was unstable so far. Especially the wall tool doesn't crash with this version, at least on my computer, and I can say that I'm using almost exclusively LWCAD in modeler, like for the town in the picture below.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lille.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	167.4 KB 
ID:	80394  

wall tool

This happens to me when I dont have any height or width inserted if you put a amount in using the N key after sellecting the wall but before you build the wall, this should work

wall crash

Quote Originally Posted by cohominous View Post
    I'm running LW 9.6 32 bit version (build 1539) with LWCAD 3 UB. Without fail, every time I use the wall tool, LW crashes.

Has anyone else experienced this, or even better - has anyone got a solution?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This happens to me when I dont have any height or width inserted if you put a amount in using the N key after sellecting the wall but before you build the wall, this should work

I am using LWCad 3.5 with LW 9.6 UB (on a G5), wall tall works fine, but I am having problems with the 'caphole' tool. A couple of times recently, when using it, it goes into a loop (indicates there are no more holes to cap) and I can't close the dialog panel. I have to force quit modeler and restart.

Witty tagline coming soon cohominous's Avatar
    I didn't realize this thread had grown...

I emailed Viktor. He told me to reset LWCAD to default which worked. I guess I should have tried that first.

Everything is working again. Thanks Viktor!

Quote Originally Posted by jwiede View Post
    The answer you received to this pretty much says it all.

Hmm...still, the idea is kind of interesting...
    The guy I mentioned in the earlier post to Larry is from Hamburg, Germany and goes by the name of MickyB on the Modo forums.

Check this Modo script plug-in out called Windo. Pretty impressive:

http://www.thethirdguild.com/
    Michael Borjon
    www.pixelcollab.com

Thanks for link! I read that Viktor may be implementing LWCad for Modo in the future. That would be great news if it turns out.
    I just I'd put this one to rest. I recently spoke with Viktor and he said there are no plans for a Modo port/version in the near feature. So if one want's the great tools of LWCAD presently and the near future, it'll have to be in LW and soon Core.

I wouldn't quite put it to rest yet, I doubt Viktor is going to let any thing he working on secretly out for public consumption. It would be nice to see it ported over to Modo but if not, that video in my previous link is cool and it appears there is more on the horizon from Neil.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Neil's plugins.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	263.0 KB 
ID:	81032  
    Michael Borjon
    www.pixelcollab.com

I wouldn't quite put it to rest yet, I doubt Viktor is going to let any thing he working on secretly out for public consumption. It would be nice to see it ported over to Modo but if not, that video in my previous link is cool and it appears there is more on the horizon from Neil.

Hey look, don't shoot the messenger. Direct quote from Viktor: "No Modo in the near future." So I don't know what to tell ya.

No, I'm not trying to say you're wrong Larry but there seems to be more than one messenger on this topic. I would hope that Viktor sees that porting to other apps is only going to benefit his company in the long run. Like I said, whether or not he does there will be other alternatives, but his LWCad will stand at the top of the hill for a while.
    Michael Borjon
    www.pixelcollab.com

No, I'm not trying to say you're wrong Larry but there seems to be more than one messenger on this topic. I would hope that Viktor sees that porting to other apps is only going to benefit his company in the long run. Like I said, whether or not he does there will be other alternatives, but his LWCad will stand at the top of the hill for a while.
    As far as the other messenger, all he said was "but might consider porting it to another application after this..." He doesn't say Modo. So that raised the question, would Modo be it. Well according to Viktor: "No Modo in the near future." That's all I was saying I was putting to rest.

One good thing coming out of Core is that Viktor is getting v4 ready for it. That can only help LW in the long run. One can only imagine where Viktor will be able to take LWCad.
    Michael Borjon
    www.pixelcollab.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12