Windows 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by Cageman View Post
    Funny.
    "O K, so what's the speed of dark?"

Demo reel 2017
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOOixvRhcs4

Sinner Saved by Grace Larry_g1s's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cageman View Post
    Amazing! My kids where cracking up laughing at it.
    Larry Vasquez | Genesis One Studios | company showreel

Someday, I will be a CG animator (student at iAnimate.net).

This thing rocks big time. Thanks for the details also Mr Rid. Itīs always useful. Whatīs YOUR take CURRENTLY regarding SAS vs FiberFX? Iīm not trying to create a good vs better thread here, just want to know your opinion because we might be into a "fur" problem in one of our incoming jobs.
    3d animation? Hah! Did you take a look through your window?thereīs plenty of it...and pre-rendered!!

Quote Originally Posted by Netvudu View Post
    This thing rocks big time. Thanks for the details also Mr Rid. Itīs always useful. Whatīs YOUR take CURRENTLY regarding SAS vs FiberFX? Iīm not trying to create a good vs better thread here, just want to know your opinion because we might be into a "fur" problem in one of our incoming jobs.
    The first and only time I tried to figure out FFX for a project, I posted some of the problems I encountered on this thread
    http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthr...hlight=fiberfx

FFX seems incomplete and not production-ready. I have only gotten a useful result out of the Strand Modeler. But the most annoying aspect of Strand Modeler is that it lacks the superior guide controls of Layout, and the moment you export by clicking "OK" it inexplicably wipes all of your settings and you have to start over to edit further. You must be certain to save settings before clicking "OK" so you can reload them, but then some settings sometimes do not all load back the way you saved them for some reason and you are tearing hair out again.

I particularly wanted the UV Bias to work as it did in the feather tutorial (post #24) but the UV Bias stopped working correctly in the latest version of FFX.

The one good example of FFX I have seen used in production was by ... someone here (cant find it now) who was just livid with frustration over FFX. It says something when a person with the most advanced experience is just HATING it.

Its easier to make neat little furry ball examples and cartoony looking things. And I can imagine someone jury-rigging and b***h-slapping FFX into minimal submission as I have done with HVs over the years, but that would not exemplify a typical user experience. Its frustrating when you can see quite plainly how the tool ought to work.
    Last edited by Mr Rid; 12-16-2009 at 03:55 PM.

Demo reel 2017

Gee, I remember Tim Albee working on this shot for PM. Something weird went down with that deal though, because he was poking around on this over a year ago now. Did the project get delayed? Or did you have to wait until posting this to clear some distance from the time it came out until now?
    DJ Lithium | KAT! =^..^=

Black Tiger Recordings
    http://www.blacktigerrecordings.com
    Founder and Citizen of Liberty3d.com
    www.liberty3d.com

Quote Originally Posted by djlithium View Post
    Gee, I remember Tim Albee working on this shot for PM. Something weird went down with that deal though, because he was poking around on this over a year ago now. Did the project get delayed? Or did you have to wait until posting this to clear some distance from the time it came out until now?
    Yes, this shot was completed about a year ago.

Demo reel 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Rid View Post
    The one good example of FFX I have seen used in production was by ... someone here (cant find it now) who was just livid with frustration over FFX. It says something when a person with the most advanced experience is just HATING it.
    Me?! I hate it for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas M. View Post
    Me?! I hate it for sure.
    I dunno. Someone posted a cute bear or bull or sumthin like that I remember looking pretty good for FFX but they were ranting about how frustrating it was to get.

Demo reel 2017

Yep. My image, my hate.

It's on my web page with some other FFX disasters. www. my first name with mangold attached (no space) and .com
    Last edited by Thomas M.; 12-20-2009 at 06:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas M. View Post
    Yep. My image, my hate.

It's on my web page with some other FFX disasters. www. my first name with mangold attached (no space) and .com
    Thats it. The only good example Ive seen of photoreal FFX. And am sure sure you would run into another set of sanity-unhinging glitches in trying to render an animation and have to integrate with a plate.

It becomes not worth the aggravation to get there, when there are better tools for fur. Even Carrera seems to make good looking, less problematic fur.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dogCatFur.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	280.4 KB 
ID:	80448
    Last edited by Mr Rid; 12-20-2009 at 04:05 PM.

Demo reel 2017

The short hair look is near to impossible with LW. There's no function which makes the hair stay on top of the object. Bump it up a bit to make it look a real and the hair will stick into the object. FFX can look great (though the shadow quality is almost as bad as Sas with shadow maps), but it is a rotten way to get there. The point is that nobody at NT ever used it sincerely to realize how much the styling sucks. AA is great, but styling is utter nonsense. That gives me the impression that parts of LW are only on a hobbyists level, while others are amazing. Please NT, test LW on a production level to see what's working and what not.

Sorry I missed this one. The link is out, is there another place I can view this? Thanks.
    All that is powerful or long standing is first conceived in the imagination; supported by the hope of possibility and then made manifest in our commitment of our current physical reality.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonwestmas View Post
    Sorry I missed this one. The link is out, is there another place I can view this? Thanks.
    Doh, the initial link should be restored on Jan 1st.

Demo reel 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Rid View Post
    Doh, the initial link should be restored on Jan 1st.
    K Thanks!
    All that is powerful or long standing is first conceived in the imagination; supported by the hope of possibility and then made manifest in our commitment of our current physical reality.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast