Thread: LW projects you should keep an eye on: softdistortion's indie vfx short...

LW projects you should keep an eye on: softdistortion's indie vfx short...

Quote:
    I've done a variety of projects and have more than one specialty in cg, but I decided to start on a new project that would stretch into the unknown and try a full on VFX shot to see who may join in on the experience and allow others to see how I/we manage. Whenever there are updates (which I hope to do at least weekly) I'll be posting a bit about what's new here.

It will involve integration of video sequences and an animated 3d character.
    Hoping to get some help and feedback from anyone that are interested in collabing on this sort of thing now or in the future.

Already 3 episodes posted in the Video Journal"

http://softdistortion.com/vidjournal/
    This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government, CG Networks or CGTALK.com. The opinions expressed on this posting are on my own volition.

Sweet! Thx for the link!

Thanks for the plug Roberto.

Looking for skilled biped animators.

Sinner Saved by Grace Larry_g1s's Avatar
    Way slick. Thanks for the heads up.
    Larry Vasquez | Genesis One Studios | company showreel

Someday, I will be a CG animator (student at iAnimate.net).

UPDATE

Been sitting on this for a few weeks and finally had a chance to comp it together.

This is a test composite of three separate HDSLR shots and CG.

There's loads of technical issues... but this clip is not about that...it's focusing on the experience of executing from shoot setup to comp... It's a stepping stone to the more challenging shots coming up. :surprised

I'll try to do a walk through vid showing and explaining how this was done.

The backstory... for now >
    The technicians look the same because they're clones of a super intelligent bio engineer.
    They work in the biodiviosion of Mecha Systems Corp.
    This sequence is happening just as the project goes off the rails after the biodivision's experimenting with genetic bio induction on the two giant mecha robots.

Feedback in this thread here...oooooorrrr....Comments are open for a bit at the VFX01 Journal site HERE , so leave some feedback if you like it or are interested!
    Or leave a comment/like on Vimeo> VIMEO
    thx
    sd

VERY cool, ey, you saw this? :]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7f3CeBiNq8
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Thanks Erikals.

Hadn't seen that one yet...will be useful for us!

interesting.. just came across this.. so you used a CanonSD790? and this camera shoots video too? and what is the model # of the Monfrotto clamp mentioned in your blog?

I have shot some video using a regular tripod in the front seat, shooting thru the windshield.. nice smooth shots (surprised too), but not optimal due to glare.

I see, the shop link has some of the items.

Edit: took some time but finally watched most of your video blogs. Thank you for sharing.
    Last edited by inquisitive; 07-24-2010 at 11:31 PM.

inquisitive,
    the camera is a Canon EOS Rebel T2i (or as it's called in Europe, Canon EOS 550D)
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz