Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stepping into more complicated Animation

Quote Originally Posted by probiner View Post
    Don't forget... uff... he forgot the battery...
    That's funny! I actually thought about it though. What a day. Here's the latest. Longer so I have time to tell some made up story. Continue to learn too.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    J Michael Carrigan
    I just had an attack. Malware.
    But now I have a DESKTOP from Xidax. Not the best but pretty dang good.

Blog Entries
    Looks very nice ... Jim, is it?

Is it on purpose there's no shadow from the animated saucer (yet)?
    Core i7-3770K 3.5Ghz, @ 4.181GHz
    16GB DDR3 PC3-12800 - 1600Mhz
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 WindForce OC 6GB GDDR5 PCIe-3.0 x16
    Windows 10 Professional 64bit

LoL to the "mini-stalking" on the woman...

Since the tracking is done. You could give a bit more feeling to the saucer movement. Cheers

Good progress here! Thanks for sharing!

I would like to see some better integration when the saucer comes in full frame. Looks very CG and "pasted ontop". A big object like that would cause some kind of occlusion, if not shadows, when coming that close. It works very well when its in the distance though.

The tracking looks fine as far as I can tell. The best way to make sure the tracking works in a shaky cam shot like this, is to add a static CG-element somewhere before adding the real stuff, so to speak.

EDIT: Integration and photorealism may not have been the purpose of this exercice... if that is the case, I would say: mission accomplished.
    Last edited by Cageman; 09-20-2009 at 02:03 PM.
    Senior Technical Supervisor
    Cinematics Department
    Massive - A Ubisoft Studio
    -----
    Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4GHz
    16GB Ram
    GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
    Windows 10 Pro x64

Whoa! I didn't realize that people had responded to my play. So to answer gladly.

(Cougar12dk) Looks very nice ... Jim, is it?
    Is it on purpose there's no shadow from the animated saucer (yet)?

It's Joseph Michael (JM) but I go by Michael. It's on purpose in that I haven't got there yet. I did know it was needed for a really nicer effect. Thanks.

(probinar) LoL to the "mini-stalking" on the woman...

I'm glad you caught that!

Since the tracking is done. You could give a bit more feeling to the saucer movement. Cheers

You got that right. :agree:

(Cageman) Good progress here! Thanks for sharing!

I would like to see some better integration when the saucer comes in full frame. Looks very CG and "pasted ontop". A big object like that would cause some kind of occlusion, if not shadows, when coming that close. It works very well when its in the distance though.

The tracking looks fine as far as I can tell. The best way to make sure the tracking works in a shaky cam shot like this, is to add a static CG-element somewhere before adding the real stuff, so to speak.

EDIT: Integration and photorealism may not have been the purpose of this exercice... if that is the case, I would say: mission accomplished.

And thanks Cageman. I was thinking (in addition to shadows) of a feeling similar to heat waves in the desert (magnetic fields distorting the info that gets to the lens - although I have no idea if that would happen. I don't have a lot of concern about the science of it though - at this point. Just drilling with the tools.)
    J Michael Carrigan

Switching to an appropriate thread...............
    J Michael Carrigan

I liked the last saucer one the best, on the woman exiting the store, film it again but make that woman a friend who is in on the scene so she/he exits the store looks up, cowers slightly then legs it for the car also the flashing lights around the saucer rim should be bouncing off of stuff on the ground I would get a couple of those spinny lights like on emergency trucks and switch them on but put them under a bucket till the right timed moment for the saucer being above then remove the bucket for a couple of seconds so the light bounces off the vehicles and stuff. It would probably need a little more management than lift and drop bucket at appropriate moments but you never know it might work out very well for the overall scene. nicely done either way

If you can not get one of those spinny lights then a couple of flashlights tied head to tail with colour filters over the lenses spinning on a cord could do just as well. Though you would have to be careful of placement or the light reflections could give the game away that the light source is ground and not air based.
    Last edited by Eroneouse; 10-19-2009 at 07:37 PM.

Good ideas Eroneouse. Thanky!
    J Michael Carrigan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12