Thread: Timeshift with 3Play?

Question Timeshift with 3Play?

Hi!

Is the following scenario possible with 3Play?

Three video cameras are connected to 3Play, each output shows the signal from the one camera, not live, but with a delay of some seconds (time of delay to be set by operator).

With best regards,
    Matthias
    Last edited by matthias-web; 09-03-2009 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by matthias-web View Post
    Three video cameras are connected to 3Play, each output shows the signal from the one camera, not live, but with a delay of some seconds (time of delay to be set by operator).
    If I correctly understand the question, the answer is yes.

That is to say, while three live inputs are being recorded, you can play them through 3Play live, or jog or jump back in time and allow three camera synchronized output to continue to play indefinitely in Delayed mode - all without interrupting continuous recording, or course.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    If I correctly understand the question, the answer is yes.

That is to say, while three live inputs are being recorded, you can play them through 3Play live, or jog or jump back in time and allow three camera synchronized output to continue to play indefinitely in Delayed mode - all without interrupting continuous recording, or course.

Thanks for quick answer! Sounds good! :-)

One more question: will the three outputs in this scenario always be synchronized (= having the same delay)? Or could each delay set up indepentendly?

With best regards,
    Matthias

Interesting question. As it stands, they will always be synchronized. Do you see a specific purpose for a different implementation?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    Interesting question. As it stands, they will always be synchronized. Do you see a specific purpose for a different implementation?
    Sorry for late answer...

Well, I think all cases where the three video inputs are coming from different locations, like multisport events etc.
    Then it would be useful to have an independent replay for each input.

What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by matthias-web View Post
    Then it would be useful to have an independent replay for each input.What do you think?
    Well, it's an interesting notion, but not a simple one.

If I understand correctly, you'd like to have one input from event A, two more from events B and C, and be free to roll an instant replay from one of them without interrupting continuous transmission of the live signal from the other two in 3-Out mode.

Setting aside the fact that you clearly have much better hand-eye co-ordination than I do ( ), all I can say is that you can't do that right now. I don't see an immediate solution that doesn't involve multiple 3Play systems ... which is good for us, but maybe not what you had in mind. I know others are monitoring these forums though, so am sure the suggestion will not be discounted.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator