Thread: RE: Rendering takes so long

RE: Rendering takes so long

Hello every one
    I have core 2 Quad, and 8 Gig of Ram, I have no trouble rendering Lw... But when I render In Vue, it takes so long,,, why Is It like that,, Inside render option I am using the Preview Mode..
    Thanks
    Simon...

Because you have to learn how to use it. That's a pretty cryptic message, scene stats, images, previews, render times, we need a bit more to help you.

Yeah, Vue is notoriously slow, with times like 30min/frame for an SD res video not that uncommon (and I'm talking about my quad core). You can speed it up though by customizing the render settings (the presets aren't great). Check out the Vue forums - you'll find a lot of pointers.

The thing is, it is slow, but look at what you are rendering. LW would be slow on an equivalent render as well. You have to learn how to optimize it just like you would any other render engine. As a start, don't use the render presets, they are slow, and turn on things that you don't need turned on.

I agree, I have a powerhouse machine, but it takes a good understanding of what you are asking Vue to do to control long renderings. I have done some very large and complex renderings very quickly by just adjusting the settings inside of Vue. I am very happy with Vue and its capabilities, and I also use LW.
    :lwicon: [B]Adam A. Dailide[/B]
    [email][email protected][/email]
    [url]www.studio-render.com[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by adailide View Post
    I agree, I have a powerhouse machine, but it takes a good understanding of what you are asking Vue to do to control long renderings. I have done some very large and complex renderings very quickly by just adjusting the settings inside of Vue. I am very happy with Vue and its capabilities, and I also use LW.
    Could you give details/specifics, especially the settings you changed and the improvements you got?

Quote Originally Posted by Sekhar View Post
    Could you give details/specifics, especially the settings you changed and the improvements you got?
    Dear adailide..
    would you please give us your setting..
    Thanks
    Simon

LOL, as buggy as Vue is, I can't complain about the rendering times.

How many polys are in a full valley flyby these days? LOL.
    The fact that it works at all somedays is a miracle unto itself.

You'll note how you just don't see a lot of animated shots with Vue right?
    See em on the E-On site? Nah, just theirs and it's mostly old stuff.

Imagine working on an HD feature.

But yeah, there's much to do about settings but even those are specific to each scene you create. Lots of things you can do though. Any additional info on your settings or the scene you're working on would help everyone to help you out though.
    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
    - Thomas A. Edison