Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Paint Deform with LightWave CORE

Paint Deform with LightWave CORE

We have been working closely with the development team on the next major upgrade to LightWave (of which CORE is an integral part of), and we want to share this video with you. It showcases the work flows we have been testing. We hope you enjoy it.

You can view the view on http://newtek.com/lightwave/core/ - scroll down a bit to the video buttons.
    Andrew with a [B]Y[/B]
    Senior Creative Artist, Marketing
    [url]http://www.newtek.com[/url]
    ----
    [URL="http://www.greenkiwi.co.nz/footprints/mongolia/ghengis_history.htm"]Genghis Khan[/URL]

Are the videos working? I'm getting an error on the page for the videos.

Worked for me just fine! Nice video. While it's nothing outstanding, it's certainly something you've not been able to do without a) a plugin or b) a load of faffing about with weightmaps

Nice one!

FINALLY info for the HARDCORE-less!!!!
    Moro num pais tropical...
    Discerne.com - personal blog

Quote Originally Posted by Tobian View Post
    Worked for me just fine! Nice video. While it's nothing outstanding, it's certainly something you've not been able to do without a) a plugin or b) a load of faffing about with weightmaps

Nice one!
    Actually its pretty easy to do without plugins or weight maps.
    Nice to see some videos being done though. Would like to see something
    a bit meatier or something I cant do at all with the existing LW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dg_2iO-bBB8
    My point being...
    Is it going to better than using a Morph in the Airbrush, beside the better Sub-D performance?
    Why post a video of a fantastic new application with so thin leaks, with something so not new or fantastic?

So yeah we saw the integration of Layout and Core, but still... there must be so much better stuff to show than that...

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by probiner View Post
    [url]

So yeah we saw the integration of Layout and Core, but still... there must be so much better stuff to show than that...
    This was the point of the video, the video wasn't about the paint deform tool, it was showing how Core talks to LWHC, so it can be easily slipped into a LW pipeline with minimal fuss.
    LightWave3D training, assets, news and discussion at www.liberty3d.com
    My opinions are my own and do not represent the opinions of any other entity, Liberty3D is not officially endorsed by NewTek.

Quote Originally Posted by jameswillmott View Post
    This was the point of the video, the video wasn't about the paint deform tool, it was showing how Core talks to LWHC, so it can be easily slipped into a LW pipeline with minimal fuss.
    Negative.

It's also about showing that LW CORE has a brush deform thingy that prevents from using "drag, drag net, magnet tools" to "push and pull the vertices around". But this is no Modo.

So ok, new application works with LW in order to you animate and render. Big deal... There must be tons (i hope) of brand new operations you can do in Core that you couldnt do in LW, why not show that along the predictable connection between Core and Layout...

Oh, well, maybe i'm missing the whole point of the video.

Cheers

EDIT: Still, im sorry. I must be one of those that see CORE through LW glasses. =/
    Last edited by probiner; 08-31-2009 at 08:01 PM.

I have tested PDeform on an object with over 1 million raw polygons and I was floored by the performance. Try that in Modeler.
    Senior Technical Supervisor
    Cinematics Department
    Massive - A Ubisoft Studio
    -----
    Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4GHz
    16GB Ram
    GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
    Windows 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by probiner View Post
    Is it going to better than using a Morph in the Airbrush, beside the better Sub-D performance?
    I did. Still... we've already seen videos of the Sub-D performance in CORE. So its not about the tool.

I just wait for the next video to know more about core

Javis Jones: Night Crew geothefaust's Avatar
    Cool. Good to see some videos being release to the public.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobian View Post
    Worked for me just fine!
    Ok, it worked. I just had to open it in a new window.

whilst it's not a jaw dropper, it does show the core lightwave HC link and that they will both be developed further to work with one another as core progresses.

hope this is just the start of a few public vids for those who have not bought into core so they can see some stuff as it advances.
    stee+cat
    http://www.cresshead.com/

Q - How many polys?
    A - All of them!

I imagine the news should start slowly becoming public with it increasing the closer we get to core's release date. But that's my opinion.
    Silkrooster.com - temporarily offline due to updating...
    Spinquad Forum - Closed Sorry...
    lightwave-resources.pdf - - temporarily offline due to updating...

Yes sculpting in lightwave. and the auto update isnt that already in 9.6? and another thing I did notice is it looks like they did away with layers
    Last edited by oobievision; 08-31-2009 at 11:13 PM.
    Oobievision

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast