Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: vue xstream & Lightwave Antialiasing

vue xstream & Lightwave Antialiasing

hello,

Im currently playing around with Vue 7.5 xstream PLE in Lightwave. Very nice so far (except all the crashes), but somehow I have a problem with the antialiasing.

I turned on Lws AA to High, and while rendering you can see how lw is doing AA passes, but then the final Image looks like no AA.

Then I tried to set the quality in the Lw intern VUE RenderOptions to Ultra. But nothing has changed.

Can anybody help me with that? I have no idea what Im doing wrong.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	castle.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	482.7 KB 
ID:	76389  
    Last edited by Svenart; 08-18-2009 at 04:31 PM.

yes, I remember this in Vue6, too. But in Vue 7.5, I dont even know anymore how to switch from LW to Vue...

ok now I found a way to use Antialiasing. In another LW intern Vue options menue I activated "ray marching" and now it works. But unfortunately, I have now the most ugly watermarks in the universe... this really sucks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	castle2.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	389.9 KB 
ID:	76391  

Can you try this image with the sun at half intensity (in lw)? Whenever I see white that doesn't anti-alias, I suspect it may be well above 100% white, which will never anti-alias. Which reconstruction filter are you using?

The e-on render has some white halo-ing on the right side of the buildings - is that from the "ray marching"? I bet the lw render can do better -
    Confirmed -
    No Weapons of Mass Destruction
    or links to Al Queda or 9/11. (Sep. 2003)

the brightness in the image is because I turned on "ray marching". I tried with sun at half intensity, but this doesnt helped.

All in all I think this vue xstream is very interesting and maybe in future useable, but at the moment I just cannot work with this. Trying out now Vue Infinite, maybe its better...

thank you megalodon

Don't buy it or you will be sorry!!

Its really not cheap, even for people who buyed the LW+Vue5 bundle a few years ago... I dont have planned to buy it soon, but maybe in future if they lower the price... we will see

Quote Originally Posted by Svenart View Post
    hello,

Im currently playing around with Vue 7.5 xstream PLE in Lightwave. Very nice so far (except all the crashes), but somehow I have a problem with the antialiasing.

I turned on Lws AA to High, and while rendering you can see how lw is doing AA passes, but then the final Image looks like no AA.

Then I tried to set the quality in the Lw intern VUE RenderOptions to Ultra. But nothing has changed.

Can anybody help me with that? I have no idea what Im doing wrong.
    sven, you need to turn on volumetric AA... when rendering with xstream, the whole LW scene is seen as a volumetric scene.

cheers

markus
    3dworks visual computing
    demo reel on vimeo
    instagram

OSX 10.12.x, macpro 5.1, nvidia gtx 980 ti, LW2015.x / 2018.x, octane 3.x

Speed or not!

And then everything will render super slow, or what?

Quote Originally Posted by 3dworks View Post
    sven, you need to turn on volumetric AA... when rendering with xstream, the whole LW scene is seen as a volumetric scene.

cheers

markus
    Curious

Quote Originally Posted by jaxtone View Post
    And then everything will render super slow, or what?
    sure. basically, it's the same as when working with HD instance for example. true volumetric effects always require fast hardware...
    3dworks visual computing
    demo reel on vimeo
    instagram

I always laugh when I see people trying to use Xstream for the first time. Oh the memories.

Vue infinite works great, but I would never ever recommend using xstream.

dont worry, this is not the first time... I already tried Vue6 xstream and vue5 infinite and older versions... Vue6 xstream was (my opinion) nearly not usable... Vue 7.5 is already much better but still not optimal. But I think its worth at least to play with a few hours...

thanks markus, now its working .... slllloooowwwllyy.. but it works

btw... the trees, or precisly the foliage of the trees looks in LW intern Vue renders a little bit strange... Its much blurred... anyone has a tip to fix this?

T.A.F.K.A. daveythegravy DaveLEWIS's Avatar
    Hi,

Has anyone seen a good free tutorial on how to use Vue Xstream 7.5 with Lightwave please?

DaveLEWIS

Quote Originally Posted by DaveLEWIS View Post
    Hi,

Has anyone seen a good free tutorial on how to use Vue Xstream 7.5 with Lightwave please?

DaveLEWIS
    never seen a free tutorial on this for LW users... 2 reasons, probably: xstream is rather a niche product, and the LW version has had a particularly bad reputation during the last development cycles, so very few LW users will have used that in production... i did learn something with this commercial training videos, many of the tips still apply for version 7.x

http://www.asilefx.net/catalog/produ...products_id=42

cheers

markus
    3dworks visual computing
    demo reel on vimeo
    instagram

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast