Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chev In Motion

Brilliant as all in your portfolio.
    Congratulation for this remarkable work.

That is really outstanding work. The camera shots and visual cues reminded me of the final fantasy movies, not sure if that's good or bad but it seems to work for this.
    All that is powerful or long standing is first conceived in the imagination; supported by the hope of possibility and then made manifest in our commitment of our current physical reality.

Great work! What king of GI settings did you use? It's nosie free! Also the lens fx was lat LW lens flares or post Fx flares? Amazing work!

Oh, and one other Q: What did you use to drift the cars, just a great rig? Did you use sticky to get the cars to stay on the ground? Or did you use expressions?

Thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    Thanks man.

The water effects were done with Realflow. Some water was done with LW particles too, like the spray on the skid pan, and the water drops running off the offroad car, when it comes out the pool. Dust and smoke were done with Dynamite.
    The vehicle rigs were simple, just a hierarchy. The only automation we used was for the tyre rotations. The rest was all hand animated.

Rendertimes were average, around 20/30 minutes per frame at 1280x720. We did two main passes, vehicles, and the environment.
    Nice. You must have a huge renderfarm. Our max limit is 10min per frame on 720p size with typical quadcore. Otherwise cheat cheat with lighting because they're no extension with a project no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by blam View Post
    Brilliant as all in your portfolio.
    Congratulation for this remarkable work.
    Awesome, thanks for the comments

Quote Originally Posted by jasonwestmas View Post
    That is really outstanding work. The camera shots and visual cues reminded me of the final fantasy movies, not sure if that's good or bad but it seems to work for this.
    Cant say Final Fantasy was in any of our reference folders. That said, we'll take it as a compliment With almost 100 shots in there, I'm sure theres something to remind you of just about anything to be honest Thanks for the compliments.

Quote Originally Posted by GraphXs View Post
    Great work! What king of GI settings did you use? It's nosie free! Also the lens fx was lat LW lens flares or post Fx flares? Amazing work!
    Thanks man. We used Fprime to render this, with 3 bounce Monte Carlo, and just let it cook on our renderfarm until refined enough. But basically 20 minutes a frame was sufficient. All lens flares were done in After Effects as post.
    Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by GraphXs View Post
    Oh, and one other Q: What did you use to drift the cars, just a great rig? Did you use sticky to get the cars to stay on the ground? Or did you use expressions?

Thanks for sharing!
    Neither of the above its all hand animated. For total control, nothing else would work. The only automation we used was Relativity for the wheel rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by geo_n View Post
    Nice. You must have a huge renderfarm. Our max limit is 10min per frame on 720p size with typical quadcore. Otherwise cheat cheat with lighting because they're no extension with a project no matter what.
    Thanks We have 8 machines in our renderfarm, which worked 24/7, aswell as our BOXX workstations which we used at night to render passes.
    VFX Artist
    Clockwork Visual Effects
    Dubai | South Africa

whoa. fprime? thats great. just when I thought I'd heard the last person declaring it obsolete (which I strongly disagree with, I love it) you go and prove that is still the bee's knees.

I've got people that come to me exclusively because my renders look extra real and I must have some black magic skills, but I just render in fprime with pretty basic settings.

Quote Originally Posted by monovich View Post
    whoa. fprime? thats great. just when I thought I'd heard the last person declaring it obsolete (which I strongly disagree with, I love it) you go and prove that is still the bee's knees.

I've got people that come to me exclusively because my renders look extra real and I must have some black magic skills, but I just render in fprime with pretty basic settings.
    That's how I feel about Fprime too and moreso after seeing this. I wouldn't use FP for every situation of course but it does what it does well and is more stable these days.
    All that is powerful or long standing is first conceived in the imagination; supported by the hope of possibility and then made manifest in our commitment of our current physical reality.

there is no sanctuary....
    Very nice, nice work! Loved the water work particularly.

But, while you can drift with a Corvette, it's a crime against god and nature, it's wrong.
    Bill Carey

3900X 3.79
    Win10 Pro 64bit
    32gig Ram
    AMD 5700XT 8gb 20.4.2
    LW 2020.02 x64
    Space Navigator

Awesome work, loved the lighting and sunbursts.

And who said FPrime is a _preview_ renderer only, shame on you! It's saved my bacon many a project with its render speed.

This is amazing!!
    Congratulations!!

That's some wicked work!!
    -Ken-
    http://www.kggraphics.com
    Desktop: Core i5 2400 | Windows 10 Pro
    Turbosquid Models

Very impressive. I ended up forgetting why I was watching it and just enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by monovich View Post

Fprime is pretty central to our work, we held off on using 9.6 simply because Fprime 3.5 wasn't out yet. Fprime is the way to go when you're on a tight deadline. We pipe work from another package into LW just so we can take care of the lighting and rendering, cause rendering elsewhere is like watching grass grow in the desert

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Carey View Post
    Very nice, nice work! Loved the water work particularly.

But, while you can drift with a Corvette, it's a crime against god and nature, it's wrong.
    Hehe, thanks. About the drifting ... we plead the Fifth, it wasn't our fault The creative director of the agency has a C6, and is an avid performance car fan, there's no way we'd get away with a race track section without some sideways action

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Awesome work, loved the lighting and sunbursts.

And who said FPrime is a _preview_ renderer only, shame on you! It's saved my bacon many a project with its render speed.
    Thanks man, glad you liked that. Nothing fancy with the lighting though, in most cases, just 3 bounce MC with a gradient in the background, a sun light, and a specular light, thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by ivanze View Post
    This is amazing!!
    Congratulations!!
    Awesome, thanks for the comment. The team, while not on the forum, are reading the comments, and thank you all for the kind words.
    VFX Artist
    Clockwork Visual Effects
    Dubai | South Africa

That was pretty awesome!

Though, if I might make two comments, just from an aesthetic view (cos god knows I can't really critique it technically ) - I did think that everything looked a little bit too clean, and there was something about the way the cars moved that didn't quite look 100% realistic to me. Can't put my finger on what though - might be how the wheels were spinning, or the traction on the road...

But these are really minor quibbles. You guys did a really great job there, and it was great fun to watch - well done!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast