Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wave Man Guitar Design

Guitar design and unreasonable dreams!

I guess that many times creative minds are crossmixed in a strange way and thats a reason we find many musicians among 3D guys and graphic designer as well as there are many creative graphical artists in the word of music.

About fancy guitar designs I have the ultimate case for any luthier, but unfortunally not the budget to get from dream stage to a production case. Itīs a guitar that faded into a dream years ago when I went to bed on tour. By then I played about 300 gigs a year and the partyīs was wild as hell. But this special night the dream smacked me right between the eyes.

I was captured by elfes and thrown into a cave where a gigantic troll sat behind a huge table of burnt and carved oak. In his hand he held a very strange instrument made of prehistorical skeletons, crystals, human skin and melted steel. The instrument that more looked as a weapon than a guitar had nine strings and was trembling in his hands when he spoke. He gave me one chance to not end up as scraps of food from his latest dinner in bottom of an endless hole.

His harsh voice made the whole cave start shaking:

- Amuse me! Play or die!

Just when I was about to stroke the first chord on that guitar/weapon I woke up in the hotel bed with a sleeping beauty on my left and my guitar on the right side. Guess which of these two darlings I chosed? Just joking... but that dream guitar never faded away from my memory and one day I might have enough money to make it real... Maybe someone put something else in my glass than whiskey the night before, but in that case I thank him since it lead to a good story and a vision of the ultimate guitar.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
    These are some sweet looking guitars colkai and jaxtone. It's interesting to see some of the Lightwave artist here are musical artist as well.
    Last edited by jaxtone; 07-30-2009 at 12:10 PM.
    Curious

How Old? Really? Aww Heck colkai's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jaxtone View Post
    To me Tanglewood is totally unknown but it look as an ovation for sure. Does the Tanglewood guitar even have the same plastic backside as the Ovation?
    Indeed it does, it also has a 3-band equaliser on the side.

Ģ150 sounds dead cheap to me... but if it sounds great it was a bargain!
    Yep, it's not an "expensive" guitar to start with, but whoever had it last had it set up beautifully. Definitely had a fret dressing at least.

I couldn't afford to buy the guitars I own now, I've been quoted 1,500 sterling if I wanted to replace my custom built ones, heh, I've bought cars for much less than that.

I'm no musician, EVH has *nothing* to worry about but I dearly love playing my guitars. There is nothing relaxes / de-stresses me more.
    Too old to die young.

I guess your experience sounds much more fun than the tough reality for many professional musicians were stress and no relaxation is the truth. Besides that most of them are forced to play music they really hate to bring food on the table.

I dicussed this with my drumplayer a while ago. Heīs now 61 years old and have been playing professionally since he was 16 years. He said this:

If I wanted to be rich I would have choosen another profession. This isnīt anything you do if a choice, itīs in your destiny. Itīs a dirty job but someone has to do it!

Quote Originally Posted by colkai View Post
    I'm no musician, EVH has *nothing* to worry about but I dearly love playing my guitars. There is nothing relaxes / de-stresses me more.
    Curious

How Old? Really? Aww Heck colkai's Avatar
    Yup, I do both 3D and music purely for fun, though I could live without 3D, I couldn't live without my guitars.
    Day jobs are the same across the board, doing what pays the bills, not what you want to, but what is requested of you. Like the session singers who's bread N butter is doing jingles and advert "music".
    Me, it's coding stuff I know is going to give us headaches but having to do it because that is what is laid down by the boss. He pays my bills, so if it means me doing what I know I'll be un-doing in 3 months, so be it, at least I'm still getting paid!

I'm not naive enough to think I'm anything but a cog in the machine and old enough to no longer care.
    Too old to die young.

Wow, what an informative thread.

Great design for a guitar by the way Cobalt.
    The ethereal riders gallop over the rooftops

Old cogs and humour!

Seen this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTgeN...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by colkai View Post
    Yup, I do both 3D and music purely for fun, though I could live without 3D, I couldn't live without my guitars.
    Day jobs are the same across the board, doing what pays the bills, not what you want to, but what is requested of you. Like the session singers who's bread N butter is doing jingles and advert "music".
    Me, it's coding stuff I know is going to give us headaches but having to do it because that is what is laid down by the boss. He pays my bills, so if it means me doing what I know I'll be un-doing in 3 months, so be it, at least I'm still getting paid!

I'm not naive enough to think I'm anything but a cog in the machine and old enough to no longer care.
    Curious

Go Irish Go!

... did I smell sarcasm somewhere?

I have recognized Ireland as one of Europeīs most music interested countries but as well famous for having a tinged image where males are only being talkative when liquids are involved!

Quote Originally Posted by bluerider View Post
    Wow, what an informative thread.

Great design for a guitar by the way Cobalt.
    Curious

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12