PDA

View Full Version : GoZ!!!

akademus
07-02-2009, 06:07 AM
Now my wettest dreams are coming true. New Zbrush bring interoperability with other packages to the whole new level.

http://www.pixolator.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=072510

They showcased couple of packages working in conjunction with Zbrush, Maya, Cinema, Modo...

I wonder is LW in line to hook up with it and it better be, because this is every modeler's dream come true.

Can't wait for August...

bazsa73
07-02-2009, 09:47 AM
Dont worry Academus I just found it yesterday too.

OnlineRender
07-02-2009, 11:06 AM
sorry quick subject chance anybody used turntable plus ? for ZB

TimothyB
07-02-2009, 11:10 AM
For Lightwave, would it be that much of a deal breaker that it can't do OpenGL normal/displace preview? I would still like the idea it automatically updates all that information back and forth. And if needed, a render would preview it. Plus it would still be nice to modify the mesh to easily update in Zbrush, you don't need a complete preview for that.

borkus
07-02-2009, 09:57 PM
Would be nice if i didn't have to jump through hoops while scratching my belly and rubbing my head to get a zb object in lightwave....

JeffrySG
07-02-2009, 11:34 PM
Would be nice if i didn't have to jump through hoops while scratching my belly and rubbing my head to get a zb object in lightwave....

but just think how talent you've become at jumping through hoops and scratching and rubbing in the process.... ;)

akademus
07-03-2009, 12:40 AM
Just had a case where this would save me 2-3 hours of working. So, I made a model in LW, UV it and sent it to Zbrush. Model consisted out of two parts one having the interior side too. After all zbrushing and texture painting I got the note that he wants them together, welded. Great!

So I merged the two halves making one subtool, exported back to obj, load into modeler, weld the points to kill the seam, saved as LWO, loaded in Modo as modeler don't want to export UVs with objs, export to obj, import into Zbrush, models don't align, take the original obj, load into Modo, export back to obj, load in as basemesh for ztl, now they align, reproject all subdivision levels, clean the mess and, presto, all done.

This tool may take all the fun of juggling between software, but it WILL save me some time.

I sincerely hope LW will jump this train...

akademus
07-03-2009, 01:36 AM
To export the UVs with an .obj you need to assign a surface to the object (if one isn't present) then go into any texturing channel like "Color" and set projection type to UV and finally pick the UV map. No need to assign an image. Now the UV map will export with an .obj.

Oh! And I lived in belief it got broken somewhere along the way during updates! Great, now I don't need modo anymore :D

Thanks!!!

biliousfrog
07-03-2009, 06:48 AM
Anybody with FPrime has a normal/displacement preview...although it's hardly the same.