PDA

View Full Version : -100% scaling???

Revanto
07-02-2009, 05:52 AM
Hi,

OK, I know that you can scale your object numerically by -100% to essentially flip your mesh over. However, I need to know if it's possible to get -100% scaling via the mouse. So far, when you scale your mesh via the mouse, you are restricted to 0% scaling. So, I was wondering, is there a setting I can change to allow the mouse to go past that 0% to - 100%?

Just so you know, I have a very good reason for wanting to be able to do it only via mouse.

Any info would be helpful.

Oh, and I'm using 8.5

Cheers,
Revanto :p

colkai
07-02-2009, 05:55 AM
Not as far as I am aware, always had to do it manually.

UnCommonGrafx
07-02-2009, 05:58 AM
I recall it does; flips it inside out, though.

RebelHill
07-02-2009, 07:10 AM
umm... works for me, always has... Use the scale tool, click, drag... goes +\- for me fine.

colkai
07-02-2009, 08:23 AM
odd - must be me then, I'm sure when I ctrl+LMB on scale it stops at zero / flat.
EDIT: yup - just tried it - cannot get it to 'invert' using the mouse

RebelHill
07-02-2009, 08:33 AM
oh woops... modeller... my mistake.

UnCommonGrafx
07-02-2009, 08:36 AM
Ya know,
This seems to have happened since the clamping exercises they are said to have done. Colors come to mind, immediately; seems it's carried over.

All the, um, latest builds I have don't allow scaling with the mouse in the negative space in modeler.

meh...

dandeentremont
07-02-2009, 12:52 PM
You're not trying to flip uv's by any chance?

Revanto
07-03-2009, 04:33 PM
You're not trying to flip uv's by any chance?

Yes, I am.

The things is that I cannot unweld the mesh parts because it will screw up the point order and I can't have that at this current stage.

I've tried both flip UV and transforming UVs (scaling across U axis at -100%) but both the results were a twisted mesh. Basically, the mesh is a pair of feet and I want the top and bottom of the feet for both feet to overlap each other so I only have to paint one texture to start with. Sadly, because I can't unweld the mesh parts either it will be difficult or tedious to get the meshes to overlap completely.
This is why I asked to get the scaling done through the mouse.

Thanks anyway, everyone.

I appreciate your feedback.

Cheers,
Revanto :p