PDA

View Full Version : Please vote for my Star Wars fan film-Done in Lightwave!

bugzilla
07-01-2009, 09:49 PM
I hope you find it good enough to vote for and show some love for a fellow Lightwaver.

The name of my film is "Lord Vader's Trial"

http://www.atom.com/spotlights/starwars/challenge/vote.html

Stooch
07-02-2009, 12:10 AM
How about making a movie that wins on it's merits instead of coming to software forums and begging for free votes. (aka cheating)

bugzilla
07-02-2009, 07:04 AM
How about making a movie that wins on it's merits instead of coming to software forums and begging for free votes. (aka cheating)

I am not cheating. What's wrong with letting people know that the film is out and asking people to vote for it. Did you actually read what I wrote? I said "I hope you find it good enough to vote for". That is not asking for a free vote. If you didn't like my film and don't think it good enough to win then that's fine. But there is not way I am cheating just by getting the word out. Every filmmaker in the contest is doing the same thing.

You really,really owe me an apology for implying that.

jameswillmott
07-02-2009, 07:18 AM
I am not cheating. What's wrong with letting people know that the film is out and asking people to vote for it. Did you actually read what I wrote? I said "I hope you find it good enough to vote for". That is not asking for a free vote. If you didn't like my film and don't think it good enough to win then that's fine. But there is not way I am cheating just by getting the word out. Every filmmaker in the contest is doing the same thing.

In his defence, the title of your thread is "Please vote for my Star Wars fan-film"

But I didn't think you were begging for votes either...

Stooch
07-02-2009, 10:31 AM

hahaha, i dont owe you ****. but i did vote for someone else.

bugzilla
07-02-2009, 10:44 AM
I voted for this one (http://www.atom.com/funny_videos/sw_death_star_sf/) I liked the fauxcumentary style, even if it wasn't perfect.

The compositing on that film was top notch. Film quality stuff. The only problem is that there is no story to that video. It's just a collection of special effects shots. The competition is Star Wars Fan FILM, not Star Wars Special Effects.

I spent alot of time working on the story and dialog. My animation skills are not up to the level of many others, but the point is to make the best film possible.

I've been really bummed out by movies recently since they are all about the quality of the special effects with no care for the story (Transformers 2).

OnlineRender
07-02-2009, 11:01 AM
hahaha, i dont owe you ****. but i did vote for someone else.

wooooooooooooo easy tiger LOL .

:) voted because its LW , the more NT products become used , the more chance work will come

borkus
07-02-2009, 10:06 PM
Never mind. Not worth the headache. Stooch, why be a dick?

jameswillmott
07-02-2009, 10:16 PM
Fighting fire with fire doesn't work online, it just gets everyone riled up. This will end badly unless someone is big enough to NOT respond with venom.

jayroth
07-02-2009, 11:05 PM
You know, I can just see this one going down hill quickly, as these things often do. Rather than allow that to happen again, I am going to close this one now, and head it off at the pass.