PDA

View Full Version : Is this a render of Layout?

Negi
07-01-2009, 09:54 AM
Hi. Iīm new using this program, so I have (barely) learned to model and some basic (VERY basic) render abilities. So, I read somewhere (to be specific, at the Ken Akamatsuīs Manga Mahou Sensei Negima!) that here youre abel to do something. I put the images of the thing I want to do, becouse I donīt know how to describe it. Itīs the 6 step. There is the image in japanese, and in spanish (if somoe of you understand more spanish than japanese.... I donīt know if were a version of this same thing in english D:)

Itīs done in Modeler? in Layout? I ahve already modeled the things that I want to print, but I really dont know how toi get the 6 step. :help:

PS: if isnīt the correct forum, really sorry~

Crossfire
07-01-2009, 10:46 AM
If you are looking to produce a "hidden line" type render that you see in the 6th step the process isn't very complicated. The simple answer is, this is achieved in layout not modeler. The best explanation I can give you for this is a tutorial video that was done by William 'Proton'. The link to the tutorial is below. The Sketch rendering tool is something you can tinker with and come up with about any kind of hand drawn look you are looking for.

ftp://ftp.newtek.com/products/LightWave/Trial/Videos/Sketch.mov

Crossfire
07-01-2009, 10:49 AM
Also this is what step six says translated.

"Once we have the correct perspective, we used diagrams of high quality to print. In some minutes, we have a drawing like the one of the right"

Negi
07-01-2009, 11:26 AM
I tryed with the "hidden line" int he modeler (also in the Layout)... but this shows all the polygons.. and (as you can see in the bed) there arenīt the pls of the curves....

Oherwise, the sketch filter copuld be.... but Iīm a mess in Layout, and I only could get to see some of the objects of the scene.... I think Iīm gonna keep trying with the setch filter, but if somebody has a better idea (or easier at least) it would be very helpful~

thnks crossfire

Crossfire
07-01-2009, 11:35 AM
Well you have an immense amount of options to achieve this look. I know you say you are not up to speed in layout but, there are alot of preset nodal set-ups that do this as well. I'm sure some of the guys here will be more than willing to let you know where you can get a free nodal setup for this. You may not be familiar with nodes, but if you can find a preset nodal network set-up for this easy, all you have to do is load it into the surface editor window and go.:thumbsup:

Guys?

BeeVee
07-01-2009, 03:40 PM
Go to PresetCentral (http://www.presetcentral.com/preset/browse/) and filter the results to Surface - Cel.

B

Negi
07-01-2009, 08:45 PM
I tried the surface called "sharp line art" but it get some strange render..... I donīt know if may I being doing wrong or something.... but it wasnt the way. Anyway thnks BeeVee... nice page (its a shame I donīt render with usual textures and surfaces)

Exception
07-01-2009, 10:53 PM
Layout:
-> Object properties
-> Edges Tab
-> tick approapriate edges and options

Control sharp edges with smoothing angle of surfaces.
Brilliant, and no surfaces required.

Negi
07-02-2009, 09:16 AM
O.o!!!! you did!
REALLY thnks Exception. *jump all over his bed*
Now, a Newbie question. How do I take off the shadows and put an absolute white surface? ._.

cresshead
07-02-2009, 10:32 AM
in the render tab untick raytrace shadows
on the surface popup box make it 100% luminous and diffuse to around 0%

Negi
07-02-2009, 10:45 AM
THNKS thnks!!!!
I think thatīs all

thanks to all of you~!!!! *w*

oobievision
07-02-2009, 02:15 PM
cell shading

oobievision
07-02-2009, 02:16 PM
Go to PresetCentral (http://www.presetcentral.com/preset/browse/) and filter the results to Surface - Cel.

B

where do you download psplant? says download to be announced?