PDA

View Full Version : Standard phone chargers - best thing since sliced bread

doimus
06-29-2009, 04:42 PM
If I hate anything, it's having to travel with different gadgets, and all of them with different charger...

Apple, Nokia, Samsung, and others have agreed to adopt a charging standard for "data-enabled" mobile devices based on USB. The current agreement only applies to the European Union, though it is hoped that the standard may be adopted worldwide.

Link to article. (http://arstechnica.com/telecom/news/2009/06/10-companies-agree-to-standardized-mobile-phone-charger-in-eu.ars)

adamredwoods
06-29-2009, 04:56 PM
Too late, I've given up on cell phones and now prefer sliced bread.

cresshead
06-29-2009, 06:12 PM
there used to be a saying>> "talk is cheap".............not on a phone though..esp with the price of call and phones thesedays!

shrox
06-29-2009, 06:56 PM
My question is, why doesn't technology ever evolve past the "piece of crap" stage.

DiedonD
06-30-2009, 01:13 AM
Well we here use 12VOIP!

http://www.12voip.com/

Its way cheaper than Skype for example, plus the coolest countries get to be called for free for a while! And after that 'while' its only 1 cent!!

I tried it and am still using it. It works!

But of course, it means that youll have to walk with one of them Pocket PC's with Bluetooth Wireless Internet connections instead of Cell Phones!

And only on those areas where theres connectivity too.

They use to say that, at some time, nearly all areas will have connectivity...

Captain Obvious
06-30-2009, 02:22 AM
there used to be a saying>> "talk is cheap".............not on a phone though..esp with the price of call and phones thesedays!
What the heck are you talking about? Telephoning and telephones are cheaper now than ever before.

Iain
06-30-2009, 03:44 AM
What the heck are you talking about? Telephoning and telephones are cheaper now than ever before.

Yeah.............gosh!

biliousfrog
06-30-2009, 06:00 AM
I thought that everything was moving over to that wireless charging tech...forget what it's called...oh yeah, wireless charging:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/167261/iphone_wireless_charging.html

art
06-30-2009, 07:41 AM
I predict that through evolution we'll get phones built right into our ears, but women will get it first. My wife already can do almost everything (yes, that too) with phone between her ear and shoulder.

Hopper
06-30-2009, 08:10 AM
I predict that through evolution we'll get phones built right into our ears, but women will get it first. My wife already can do almost everything (yes, that too) ...
Then how does she talk? I'll bet that's a trick. :tongue:

biliousfrog
06-30-2009, 08:32 AM
ah...that great female trait of multi-tasking...in simple terms it means doing several things in a half-assed fashion rather than concentrating on one thing at a time.

shrox
06-30-2009, 09:24 AM
I predict that through evolution we'll get phones built right into our ears, but women will get it first. My wife already can do almost everything (yes, that too) with phone between her ear and shoulder.

Yep, the Bluetooth is the first step in the march towards becoming Borg.

borkus
06-30-2009, 09:58 AM
ah...that great female trait of multi-tasking...in simple terms it means doing several things in a half-assed fashion rather than concentrating on one thing at a time.

Good god, did that make me laugh....

Captain Obvious
06-30-2009, 11:02 AM
Yeah.............gosh!
I'm Captain Obvious.

Sincerely,
Captain Obvious

-EsHrA-
06-30-2009, 11:10 AM
My question is, why doesn't technology ever evolve past the "piece of crap" stage.

MONEY!!! CRAPLOADS OF F'ING MONEY..

my question is, how much billions did they get from us with this scam?..

mlon