PDA

View Full Version : Just saw a pre screening of "pain locker"

Stooch
06-27-2009, 03:08 AM
Easily the best movie of the summer yet. Coming out in a couple of weeks.

jin choung
06-27-2009, 03:13 AM
haven't seen kathryn bigelow in a while... i'm really looking forward to it.

jin

Red_Oddity
06-27-2009, 03:59 AM
pain locker? Is that a word joke i'm not getting?

Last thing i liked from her though was Point Break, and thjat has been quite a while ago.
Gonna keep an eye out for this one though.

byte_fx
06-27-2009, 06:31 AM
Actually the title is "The Hurt Locker".

It's about an IED disposal team in Iraq that gets a new member that endangers the team's safety.

Might end up being the summer's big breakout hit.

byte_fx

Red_Oddity
06-27-2009, 08:31 AM
That's why i asked. I was wondering what he meant by distorting the actual title.

cresshead
06-27-2009, 10:38 AM
what's the story about?

EDIT...sorry missed that above..

It's about an IED disposal team in Iraq that gets a new member that endangers the team's safety

Stooch
06-27-2009, 11:09 AM
lol yeah its hurt locker. i had a few chardonnays.

http://www.thehurtlocker-movie.com/

geothefaust
06-27-2009, 11:11 AM
Cool. Sounds good. We called those kind of people in the Army "buddy f&%$ers". Good to see a movie about them, do they get a good soap in sock beating? :p

hrgiger
06-28-2009, 11:40 AM
That's because you haven't seen Dead Snow yet. Of course I haven't either but I'm hoping it's as good as the previews. Fighting Nazi Zombies. Does it get better?

http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/deadsnow/

Hopper
06-28-2009, 11:47 AM
Cool. Sounds good. We called those kind of people in the Army "buddy f&%$ers". Good to see a movie about them, do they get a good soap in sock beating? :p
LOL .. I haven't heard that term in a few years. Since women are now in the army, you really had to make sure you didn't mix the terms "F Buddies" and "Buddy F-ers" .. It could get you into some trouble.... :D

robert_Lavigne
06-28-2009, 11:49 AM
This movie looks Amazing. What a great idea for film. How were the vfx? From the previews they look pretty great.

Red_Oddity
06-28-2009, 03:12 PM
That's because you haven't seen Dead Snow yet. Of course I haven't either but I'm hoping it's as good as the previews. Fighting Nazi Zombies. Does it get better?

http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/deadsnow/

It was okay, nice B flick, it pretty much delivers what you would expect.

LW_Will
06-28-2009, 03:32 PM
Was it shot on video? Red or Genesis? I'd like to see what Bigelow would do with a Red camera...

Andyjaggy
06-29-2009, 10:24 AM
That looks good, too bad it's only in LA and NY.

TimothyB
07-01-2009, 02:27 AM
Looks good from the trailers. I was talking with someone the other day and he brought this film up, if I had seen the trailer, and said something about doing real explosions, no Hollywood overkill fireball stuff. From the trailer, the explosions look sort of normal, and I like the slow motion stuff like a car frame warping, sending dirt and dust in the air.

Though the name, "The Hurt Locker", kind of had me ignore it at first. It's a title you'd expect on another gore film like Saw and Hostel, etc.

jin choung
07-01-2009, 02:44 AM
Though the name, "The Hurt Locker", kind of had me ignore it at first. It's a title you'd expect on another gore film like Saw and Hostel, etc.

totally agree... a title can totally doom a movie. i thought "serenity" and "stardust" didn't do any favors for really good movies. "up" is pretty bad too. i mean a preposition?! what is this, the soviet union? come on....

jin

Red_Oddity
07-01-2009, 03:26 AM
Was it shot on video? Red or Genesis? I'd like to see what Bigelow would do with a Red camera...

It was shot with the Aaton:XTR prod (16mm) and Phantom HD Cameras (digital), both using Canon Lenses.