PDA

View Full Version : User Report - ShuttlePro V2

Jim Capillo
08-22-2003, 04:21 PM
Here's a quick report on Contour Design's ShuttlePro V2. Installed quickly, real easy to set up, just point it to the T[3].exe file and set your buttons jog/shuttle for whatever you want.

Ergonomically, it is very nice - fits my left hand perfectly, as I still mouse with my right. Functionally, it works like an OEM shuttle control.... very precise. Almost instantly, I found that I could manipulate a clip/timeline much faster than the mouse/keyboard, as the controls are grouped and I don't have to go looking for them on the keyboard or the screen..... just feel and push. And as I am working with two hands now, workflow is smoother.

Jog/Shuttle work as expected and for those who are used to using them on machines/NLE's, this is a godsend. Overall, I like it a lot. On the negative side, at $110 it is a bit pricey. You also need to keep focus on the module you are working in, or you might change something you didn't mean to....... but that is something I might have set up wrong or missed altogether.

I spoke to Mike at CD and he said he would be in touch with Paul to move their end of the VT[3] support along. Right now, there are about 50 apps supported and although VT[3] is not directly supported as of this moment, it is easy to save your map and export it. I will email mine to any who would like to use it as a template.

tmon
08-22-2003, 04:38 PM
Thanks for the report, Jim!

Jim Capillo
08-22-2003, 07:19 PM
You're welcome, Taiji!

Another real cool thing - I assigned one of the buttons to advance thru my modules.... now I don't have to get the mouse up there on the module numbers to go to CG, TEdit, LW or wherever - just push the button !

Norman
08-23-2003, 08:11 AM
Jim,

Will your setup work with the version 1 of ShuttlePro? If so, i'd like to try it out.

Paul Lara
08-23-2003, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by Jim Capillo
I assigned one of the buttons to advance thru my modules

What key assignment was that, Jim?

Jim Capillo
08-23-2003, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Paul Lara
What key assignment was that, Jim?

Not at the machine right now, Paul..... but I think it was either <ctrl> or <ctrl><tab>.

I'll check tomorrow.

bradl
09-13-2003, 10:24 PM
Thought I would put this link here for those that might be interested in it...
User Script Details (http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10525)

Jim Capillo
11-13-2003, 12:15 PM
Digital Video Editing http://www.digitalvideoediting.com/Htm/DVEditHomeSet1.htm
has a nice review on the ShuttlePro V2 for those of you that don't have it.

Daniel Davis
04-08-2010, 07:16 PM
I tried the script someone made for VT4 on my Speed Edit. It's not working well. Does anyone have a setup file for ShuttlePro2 and Speed Edit???