PDA

View Full Version : textures not showing up

jrioux
06-26-2009, 02:29 PM
I'm new to Lightwave 9.6 on a Mac (10.5 Intel). I've worked with Lightwave 8.5 (Mac, Intel, 10.4) but never encountered this problem until now.

Upon having created a texture for an object and then sending the object to Layout, it shows up in Layout w/o texturing. Upon reopening it in Modeler, the same is true (even though "Textured Shaded" is selected for the viewport).

Old objects (created with 8.5) seem unaffected. I'm concerned about doing much more modeling in case my textures are not preserved...

Any help would be very much appreciated!

jrioux
06-26-2009, 05:40 PM
"Textured shaded solid" and "shaded solid" look identical in the Lightwave viewport... (surely that's not normal?) And in Modeler, I can sometimes get textures to appear, but in grayscale, not color...

Is this a known problem? Has anyone come cross this before?

Scazzino
06-26-2009, 06:31 PM
Could be a hub issue... I generally don't use the hub and turn it off...

jrioux
06-26-2009, 06:38 PM
Could be a hub issue... I generally don't use the hub and turn it off...

I think I knew how to do that on 8.5, but not 9.6. Suggestions?

Scazzino
06-26-2009, 06:54 PM
Just rename the hub to something else like HIDE-Hub, before launching Layout and/or Modeler.

jrioux
06-26-2009, 06:59 PM
Just rename the hub to something else like HIDE-Hub, before launching Layout and/or Modeler.

No, it wasn't a hub problem... but, I went into OpenGL options and clicked on Multitexture and the texture came back... once! Then it was gone again... Could it be a graphics card thing? I have an Nvidia Geforce GT 120.

dwburman
06-27-2009, 10:17 PM
I haven't had that problem so it may just be something with your setup. If you're using nodes to place your image maps they might not show up but I'm guessing that, since your new to the v9 series, you've stuck with the classic layers system.

Have you tried switching the 'Geometry Acceleration' settings (below the Multitexture setting)? Can you post a screen grab? [cmd-shift-3]

jrioux
06-28-2009, 07:34 PM
I haven't had that problem so it may just be something with your setup. If you're using nodes to place your image maps they might not show up but I'm guessing that, since your new to the v9 series, you've stuck with the classic layers system.

Have you tried switching the 'Geometry Acceleration' settings (below the Multitexture setting)? Can you post a screen grab? [cmd-shift-3]

A screen grab should be attached (if I did this right), indicating what texture I've applied and showing the viewport and the object in plain shaded mode.

I also think I've narrowed it down to textures I apply contained in the Presets. Texrtures I create from original pics, etc., seem to show up fine, but textures applied from the textures presets, though "there", don't appear as such in the viewport. Does that ring any bells?

Mr Rid
06-29-2009, 12:12 AM
Oh, you want procedurals to show up. :D

If you use desktop shortcuts to launch, disable hub by adding " -0" in both Layout and Modeler shortcut properties-

jrioux
06-29-2009, 07:04 AM
Oh, you want procedurals to show up. :D

If you use desktop shortcuts to launch, disable hub by adding " -0" in both Layout and Modeler shortcut properties-

I've been running both programs without the Hub for a day or so, yet the problem persists, so I don't think it's a Hub problem. Maybe I'm missing something.

Does anyone know where the Texture Presets that come with Lightwave 9.6 are supposed to go? I suspect that any presets I create will work, but not the standard ones (or even the Pshelf ones). I'll try that next.